Ativan cutting question ( 3 times a day to 2 times a day and struggling )

[dk...]

It has been seven days since I cut my Ativan from 0.75 mg ( split 1MG SL pill 3 times a day ) to 0.5mg ( split 0.5mg SL pill twice a day ). I am trying to take twice a day with 12 hour intervals between if I can make it that long.

In the last few days I have been suffering with some terrible withdrawal symptoms but I do not want to increase my dosage. I was thinking about trying to cut a 0.5 MG pill into three. And take three times a day like I was before instead of two times a day. I know it may be difficult to cut into three but I can try. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I agree that more frequent dosing of Ativan may help.

It may also help to cut slower. You took a big cut from .75 to .5, unless you’ve only been on Ativan a few months. In that case a fast taper might be okay, but since you’re having terrible symptoms, I’d slow down, maybe try .25mg three times a day until things settle down. Then you could cut a little from one of the three daily doses.

Sorry it is hitting hard...no need to suffer, slowing down should help a lot.

:)

Hi, I'm tapering ativan also. You are cutting way too fast. You just cut a third of your dose all at once. You should check out the liquid taper section. I would never have cut that fast. I will be done in two months with my slow taper. Really, you are cutting too fast and need to read more about a slow taper. I wish you luck.

Hello dkf,

So sorry to hear about the difficult symptoms you have been experiencing.  I'm also tapering Ativan but started from a much higher dose.  I also needed to figure out a better dosing schedule and tapering pace to get a handle on the terrible symptoms I was experiencing.

I've been sharing experiences with other members on the Ativan Support Thread for a few months now.  (Of course it's an open group and you are very welcome to post there too) There are just a few of us who post regularly but most of us have found we need to spread our doses out either 3 or 4x daily. 

Also, we have found, like you, it can be difficult to divide our tablets into smaller amounts.  Some of us are doing daily liquid micro tapering (DLMT) and a couple of others are shaving pills and weighing with a microgram scale.  I'm doing the DLMT which I learned by posting questions about it and studying posts on the "Titration Taper Plans."  Since I switched and slowed down I have been feeling a lot better.  It took a while to get things figured out.

All of our experiences, although similar in some ways, are different in other ways. Sending positive thoughts to find the way of tapering that works best for you.

All good wishes,

Luey

Hi, I'm tapering ativan also. You are cutting way too fast. You just cut a third of your dose all at once. You should check out the liquid taper section. I would never have cut that fast. I will be done in two months with my slow taper. Really, you are cutting too fast and need to read more about a slow taper. I wish you luck.

Hello CHEYBAR,

Thank you for reaching out to this member and offering support. I will caution you to avoid using prescriptive terminology. Instead of saying 'you should' or 'you need to', the best way to do this would be to say what you would do in the same situation.  We are all peers here and simply share our experiences with others.

Here's more information about posting on the forum:

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

pianogirl

Hello,  Okay... I will try to help in other ways. Thank you

No worries, we know you’re well meaning, it’s just a matter of prefacing advice with ‘IMO’ (in my opinion) or ‘in my experience’ or something like those suggestions.

Or ‘I think you might try...’  ;)