New. In need of advice.

[Fr...]

Hi. My name is Francesca and I have been taking benzos for I would say over 10 years. I have sever anxiety, depression, ocd and bipolar 2. I currently take 30mg restorol and 1mg klonopin nightly. I recently cut back to 30mg restoril and .5 mg nightly.

I have been feeling SO lethargic during the day. Can barely function at work. Feel like I can’t catch my breat.

My question is: could this be from just decreasing by .5mgs? Could this be withdrawal. I have been cutting back for a week now.

I also increased my thyroid meds which the dr said should give me more energy which I thought could be the cause of my therapy. I’m getting scared. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you. 

Hi France5914  :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad that you have found our community, you will get plenty of support here. The symptoms you are experiencing sound like withdrawal symptoms to me, try not taper too fast.  Tapering one drug at a time, slowly is the safest and best way to withdraw from benzodiazepines 

The general tapering guidelines are to cut the daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days. You can alter the schedule according to how you are feeling.  The aim is to keep any withdrawal symptoms manageable.

Withdrawal can be challenging, being among others who understand this process can help you to get through it. The information and support that you get here is very important whilst going through this process. 

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides taper schedules and withdrawal information.  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process.  Feel free to ask questions so that members can respond

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

if you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita