Parrot Brain

[92...]

[92...]
Everything I read, watch, hear, and say repeats in my head over and over again all day long and has been for 11 months now.  I really don't know how to handle this symptom anymore.  There is no quite in my brain.  Does anyone else have this or am I the only one. 

FINAO,

I want to assure you that you are not the only one in this department. I had this, too, but it started improving after the first year of withdrawal. I would have to be very careful what I watched or listened to because it would be going on fast-forward repeat throughout my brain all hours but especially loud at night. Id be laying in bed and pieces of what I saw on TV or a song would loop and loop and not turn off. Add insomnia and its a vicious circle of the brain spinning and not sleeping. Its nerve-wracking, exhausting and makes you feel psycho.

I will report that I started feeling calmer and the brain didn't race so much after the first year. By 18 months it was better and now at 27 months it does happen to me still occasionally at night but it passes after about five-ten minutes, and it is no way as severe as during that first year.

if you can try and do anything that can calm you during this. Deep breathing exercises have helped me. I breath in from the diaphragm in four counts (suck the air up your nose) and breath out in four counts. I also listen to Jason Stephenson on YouTube for calming meditations. He has helped distract me more times than I can count.

All of this is easier said than done, but keeping hanging in there, it will get better. Just keep trying to find ways to distract your mind.

[92...]

TaterTot91 - Thank you very much for responding.  Everything I have read about in the past 10 months has been about benzos so that's all that plays in my head over and over.  I also have horrible short term memory so I'm guessing it has something to do with the memory circuits in my brain being damaged.  Last night I watched a few seasons of a show on Netflix and the whole time trying to sleep my mind would just relay over and over like I was rewatching them again.

I can't seem to distract at all because of the hyperawareness.  My brain is constantly "checking" into what I am thinking about.

I really hope it goes away soon.

I remember at the beginning my thoughts would race so face I couldn't even think or see straight.  I thought my head would explode from all the thoughts.

Thanks again for your comment

Oh yeah! I can relate to this, too. It makes you crazy with all this new information spinning around your head, but because of the cognitive dysfunction there are incomplete/fragmented thoughts just spinning and spinning. It gets very loud in the head!

I went through all the hyperawareness and trying to figure out or check-in with what as going through my brain. A lot of the time I had horrible fearful thoughts spinning around my brain of dying alone, or all the stupid things I did to myself or others, just a hyper-loop of beating myself up.

Happy to report that it subsides in time. It is hard to watch shows to distract yourself when your mind is like this. I think I tired watching a lot of stupid comedy, almost child-like stuff, to soothe my brain. I went on walks in my neighborhood in the morning when no one else would be out, too. But thats only a good idea if you are able to. Sometimes being outdoors is super-scary.

TaterTot91 - Thank you very much for responding.  Everything I have read about in the past 10 months has been about benzos so that's all that plays in my head over and over.  I also have horrible short term memory so I'm guessing it has something to do with the memory circuits in my brain being damaged.  Last night I watched a few seasons of a show on Netflix and the whole time trying to sleep my mind would just relay over and over like I was rewatching them again.

I can't seem to distract at all because of the hyperawareness.  My brain is constantly "checking" into what I am thinking about.

I really hope it goes away soon.

I remember at the beginning my thoughts would race so face I couldn't even think or see straight.  I thought my head would explode from all the thoughts.

Thanks again for your comment

Say there Failureisnotanoption,

How are you doing now? How long were you on clonazapam?

[92...]

Say there Failureisnotanoption,

How are you doing now? How long were you on clonazapam?

3.5 weeks and then a 45-day taper.

[92...]

Could this be a return to symptoms of a pre-existing condition?

No. Ive always had generalized anxiety but nothing like this. I was traveling the world on my own 2 years ago.

[92...]

Could this be a return to symptoms of a pre-existing condition?

There is not pre existing conditions that comes even close to what I am experiencing. I'm walking around with terror in my brain

We usually can expect to eventually return to our pre-benzodiazepine selves, so that’s good news. Doesn’t help you atm, I know. Sorry for the personal questions, it does help to know the big picture when trying to help someone figure out what’s going on.

[92...]

We usually can expect to eventually return to our pre-benzodiazepine selves, so that’s good news. Doesn’t help you atm, I know. Sorry for the personal questions, it does help to know the big picture when trying to help someone figure out what’s going on.

Yeah if I had severe OCD, bipolar, or schizophrenia before then it would make sense. I don't understand what's going on. I'm not going to make it if I can t even distract. Im going to try a reinstatement.

I probably would, too, I’m not much of a sufferer for very long...no guarantees it will work, you probably already know that. I’d give it two weeks, that should be enough to know if it will work.

QuietQuiet reinstated a few weeks ago. Maybe ask him how it’s going, but I think he’s doing much better. Hasn’t started tapering yet.

[92...]
My mind races with random things I watch and hear and read all day long.  Along with conversations. It doesn't seem like a very common symptom.  At least not many people on here talk about it.

FINAO,

Many people have reassured you this is a very common symptom.  You continue to say this symptom is rare.  I don’t get it.

Sofa

[92...]
Sofa - I have searched this website and up and down and can't find any posts about it.  There are only posts about songs and jingles.