One dose tapering plan

[Se...]

I am on 1.5 mg of K once in morning any suggestions how to taper off one daily dose verses 3 per day or am I better to switch it first to 3 per day!

If your cureently on 1X day dosing, why would you even consider going to 3X?

The fewer changes you make to your routine, the easier your system can adapt.

I am so confused now that is what I though I went to my doctor today and he said it would be easier to get off if I split throughout day!!! Now he wants to put me on Wellbutrin and then slowly stop taking one here and there...it says do not take Wellbutrin if you are coming off of a Benzo due to increased risk of seizure...scared and frustrated. I have four kids I keep saying this but I can’t go crazy!!! I don’t know what to do now

I found dosing my klonopin once a day was sufficient as it has a pretty long half life. Builder is right, dosing three times doesn’t make any sense....Wellbutrin? Do you think you need to take an antidepressant?

No not depressed at all he seems to think the Wellbutrin will make me not need the Klonpin as much. He seems to think I’m sorry dividing to 2 times a day 1 mg morning .5 later day then start taking like half of the second dose when I don’t need it then maybe skip the second dose he’s like before you know it you will have extras left over at the end of the month...

I don’t want to give you any advice on medication; I think builder and Benzogirl are way more knowledgeable. I just want to remind you that you need to be in control of your taper. Not you’re doctor. Many of them are learning how to do this just like us. I find it very hard to say no to doctors myself. Many of us do. But we all learn to eventually. You can always make a different decision about splitting up your dose later if you feel it’s necessary.

No not depressed at all he seems to think the Wellbutrin will make me not need the Klonpin as much. He seems to think I’m sorry dividing to 2 times a day 1 mg morning .5 later day then start taking like half of the second dose when I don’t need it then maybe skip the second dose he’s like before you know it you will have extras left over at the end of the month...

Honestly the only thing that will help benzo withdrawal is another benzo. Of course I assume you don’t want to go there. Though some ADs can help you to sleep if that is a major issue. Remeron and trazodone being the top two....

If I do split 2 in the morning one later in day...then he says if you don’t need the one later don’t take it or take half...wouldn’t that Caus withdrawal.

If I do split 2 in the morning one later in day...then he says if you don’t need the one later don’t take it or take half...wouldn’t that Caus withdrawal.

It may take a while to adjust, so you may feel a bit of withdrawal, but once you stabilize you should be fine if it’s the same daily dose. Like builder said, we try our best to keep things consistent. Your doctor seems obsessed by something I doubt he knows much about.