Seizures in temporal lobe or w/d? 2 years off

[57...]

[57...]

I am 24 months off next week. Still horrible head sensations. I saw my doc and she said my symptoms as  dr dp and inner electric buzz in my body might be seizures. She told me that I feel my husband is a stranger is damage in right temporal lobe. I am doing MRI and eeg in a week or so.

This is was left from stopping benzo but I feel really odd in my head and unpleasant feelings in both head and body.

Really intense intrusive craxy thoughts too like ocd sometimes

I say to my doc this is caused by benzo she refused to that and say this is damage or illness

Anyone else?

Will this EVER pass >:(

[c6...]
If this is illness it's been caused by bwd imo. It's very rare for Dr's to admit that, I've got some serious health issues due to bwd, luckily my Dr's acknowledge that it's from bwd. If you didn't have these feelings and sxs before bwd i would assume bwd would have something to do with it given the way that benzos and wd injure the brain. My heart goes out to you because this must be awful. Sending you a hug x

[c6...]
Sundance thanks for posting on my thread "brain ultrasound ", this must be so scary for you, do you have anyone to give you support through this? Lots of people still have these sxs and are still suffering at 24 months off, i know i do and I'm 22 months off. It may be something and then again it may be "just" wd, at least the tests will give you some clarity. Hang in there, we're all here for you, these drugs are pure evil.

[57...]

Sundance thanks for posting on my thread "brain ultrasound ", this must be so scary for you, do you have anyone to give you support through this? Lots of people still have these sxs and are still suffering at 24 months off, i know i do and I'm 22 months off. It may be something and then again it may be "just" wd, at least the tests will give you some clarity. Hang in there, we're all here for you, these drugs are pure evil.

It sure is. I am afraid that it might be ms or als or a tumor. I have strange dissociative symptoms aswell. According to my doc it is seizures causing that.

I feel so sorry for those of you having to endure the “diagnoses” by doctors that you have “damage.”  I don’t believe that is true if it is benzo withdrawal.  I’m glad you are getting tests done, and when your doctors find nothing wrong, you can shove your MRIs up their asses for suggesting things that scared you unnecessarily.

Sofa

[57...]

I feel so sorry for those of you having to endure the “diagnoses” by doctors that you have “damage.”  I don’t believe that is true if it is benzo withdrawal.  I’m glad you are getting tests done, and when your doctors find nothing wrong, you can shove your MRIs up their asses for suggesting things that scared you unnecessarily.

Sofa

I hope I can do that at the moment it is pure terror...So scared :smitten:

I know Sundance.  All I can do is put my virtual arm around you and tell you that all will be okay.  Healing is taking place every hour of every day.  No matter what you have to endure, or what you encounter in a doctor’ office, healing never stops until the job is complete.  Have faith that your body can fix this mess.  It was designed to do just that.

Sofa

sofakingdone - but what about the stress it causes to the body, which could result in other illnesses popping up before healing is complete? i have a hard time believing that i will ever feel close to baseline again. i feel like im ACCUMULATING damage everyday given the lack of sleep that i'm not making up for, the fatigue due to sleep deprivation, and my immunity is probably shot since i can't work out. i'm weaker than my 100 year old grandpa. the worst is the negativity. people with cancer and other illnesses have a healthy brain so they can create positive thoughts and feelings to combat their physical ailments. i can't. my mind does what it wants to do,ruminates on what it wants to, and 99% of the time it produces regret, shame, sadness, lack of hope.

Hang in there Sundance and hopefully they find nothing bad on your tests.. You know it's interesting they'd mention damage on the right frontal lobe, the whole time i've had this wd, my sx ( head pressure, migraines, pain, the numb, cold feeling, etc) would always be worse on the right side, at one point i even researched the right brain hemisphere damage, and sure enough all the sxs that wikipedia had under that were my sx, but then I did the MRI and CT-scan and they couldn't find anything.. Hopefully they don't for you either, but do make sure you get it checked of course, be on the safe side. I'm still convinced that the damage is somehow more on the right side from this maybe it's just the receptors being damaged more on the right side that's why that can't be seen on any scans, they are so tiny ( only my theory of course:) because if you read up all the sx of right brain hemisphere damage you'll find they match the bwd sx a lot more than those of the left hemisphere.. lol this is what happens with me when I have nothing to do, I go researching online and coming up with my own theories:) Please let us know what happens with you tests, it will be very interesting to find out if they find anything, and good luck!!!

[57...]

Hang in there Sundance and hopefully they find nothing bad on your tests.. You know it's interesting they'd mention damage on the right frontal lobe, the whole time i've had this wd, my sx ( head pressure, migraines, pain, the numb, cold feeling, etc) would always be worse on the right side, at one point i even researched the right brain hemisphere damage, and sure enough all the sxs that wikipedia had under that were my sx, but then I did the MRI and CT-scan and they couldn't find anything.. Hopefully they don't for you either, but do make sure you get it checked of course, be on the safe side. I'm still convinced that the damage is somehow more on the right side from this maybe it's just the receptors being damaged more on the right side that's why that can't be seen on any scans, they are so tiny ( only my theory of course:) because if you read up all the sx of right brain hemisphere damage you'll find they match the bwd sx a lot more than those of the left hemisphere.. lol this is what happens with me when I have nothing to do, I go researching online and coming up with my own theories:) Please let us know what happens with you tests, it will be very interesting to find out if they find anything, and good luck!!!

Yes! My symptoms is like damage from the right side in my brain. my crazy symptoms is also end up feeling from.the rigjt side of too. I  think it is important to check this out. Everything isn't always benzo w/d. I am scared. Really scared.  :smitten:

Thanks for your support

Hi sundance,

Sorry to hear about your situation. It is likely related to benzo withdrawal, but the doctors will never admit that. They are dedicated to their project of committing fraud on a mass scale and there is no turning back for them now. But I'm not sure it helps to minimize the contribution of benzos on this forum. Seizure risk increases for people who take benzodiazepines long term and it increases the longer you take the drug. However, the risk decreases as you get further away from the last dosage. So just try and hold on and keep yourself as healthy as possible. As long as doctors are treating your problems, try not to worry about whether they are honest about the cause of them. (I know, easier said than done.) Wishing you plenty of healing  :smitten:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4635822/

Association Between Benzodiazepine Use and Epilepsy Occurrence

A Nationwide Population-Based Case–Control Study

Abstract

We conducted a retrospective case–control study to evaluate the association between the risk of benzodiazepine (BZD) use and epilepsy occurrence by using data from the Taiwan National Health Insurance Research Database.

We recruited 1065 participants who ages 20 years or older and newly diagnosed with epilepsy (International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification 345) between 2004 and 2011 and assigned them to the epilepsy group. We subsequently frequency-matched them with participants in a control group (n = 4260) according to sex, age, and index year at a 1:4 ratio. A logistic regression model was employed to calculate the odds ratio (OR) for association of epilepsy with BZD exposure. Multivariate logistic regression was conducted to estimate the dose–response relationship between BZD levels and epilepsy risk.

The adjusted OR (aOR) for the association of epilepsy with BZD exposure was 2.02 (95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.68–2.42). The aOR for an average BZD dose increased to 1.26 for the participants on <0.01 defined daily dose (DDD), and increased to 4.32 for those on ≥1.50 DDD. On average, when the DDD of BZD exposure increased by 100 units, the epilepsy risk increase by 1.03-fold (95% CI = 1.01–1.04, P = 0.003). The annual BZD exposure day ranges were significantly associated with epilepsy (2–7 days: aOR = 1.67; 8–35 days: aOR = 3.16; and ≥35 days: aOR = 5.60). Whenever the annual BZD exposure increased by 30 days, the risk of epilepsy notably increased by 1.03-fold (95% CI = 1.01–1.04, P < 0.001). In addition, users who quit BZD for more than 6 months still exhibited a higher risk of epilepsy than did the non-BZD users.

A considerable increase in epilepsy occurrence was observed in ones with BZD use, particularly in those with prolonged use, multiple exposure, and high-dose consumption.