The struggle

[Ti...]

I started using Xanax about 16 years ago. I also picked up an opiod habit at the same time. The opiods I obtained off the street as well. My opiod addiction caused me to destroy my GI tract. Perforated colon, colostomy and a slew of other complications. While in the hospital I started withdrawing from the Xanax no Dr. Could figure out my crazy symptoms. BTW it was a 4 month hospital stay. I finally told them I think I need my benzos which they quickly got on board. I left with a script for 1mg 3x a day. Long story short I'm a little over a year clean from opioids. Which I thought would bring some life back in me. I currently have myself down to .5mg 3x a day. I'm miserable, angry, nasty, I can go on not to mention the physical and neurological issues. God bless and thank you all for creating thos forum

Hi Tinygiant05, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm so sorry to hear how much you're suffering, but I want to congratulate you for getting off of the opioids, that's a huge accomplishment!  The symptoms you're currently experiencing sound familiar, what has your taper been like?  We suggest only cutting about 5-10% of your dose every couple of weeks, this is so you can remain functional.  Take a look at our General Taper Plans, this will give you an idea of what a nice slow taper might look like.

For me, when I got off of the Klonopin and healed from the wreckage they caused me, I felt better than I had in many years, and hopefully you can too.  This is a difficult process, but with our help and with your Dr's support, you can do a slow taper to freedom.

Please make yourself at home, we're here to help.

Pamster

Hi Tinygiant,

I see you had a question about my forum profile, and you're right, it's rather confusing, so I just modified it.  to clarify, I was up to 10 mgs of Klonopin a day at my lowest point and quit cold turkey, the best and worst decision I've ever made.

I can relate to your addiction issues, but I'm here to offer you hope, you can do this!

Pamster