Hi All - Nice To Meet You - Need Help

[He...]

Hi there. I am trying to get off of Klonopin. I could use some help about taper. I am having pills compounded! Will post a question soon!

Hello HealthyHealing, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, how long you've been on Klonopin and what your current dose is?  It's good you're going to compound your pills, I hope you plan to take it really slow, like about a 10-15% reduction every couple of weeks. 

You might want to check out the General Taper Plans board for some information and start a thread with your question, I'm sure you'll get lots of members willing to help you get a plan going.

We're glad you're here.

Pamster

Hello and YES! I have been on Ativan then was switched to Klonopin since March 2018. Up and down per docs. Put on 1.5 mg Klonopin (.5 three times daily) in August 2018 and have been trying to get off since October of that year because it made me feel worse.  I have been very slowly tapering using a compounding pharmacy to make the capsules.  I am proud to say I am now at .4mg daily (.2mg am/.2mg pm). I am stuck on how to move forward meaning, should I end the morning dose first and then the evening? I really am frightened and grateful that I can put this out there.  My doc is VERY receptive to how I want to move forward and I am grateful for that too.  It's hard to find people who are open about this horrible horrible med to learn about others' experiences.  I know everyone is different, but I need to reach out to people who have done this, not a doc who doesn't have the depth of experience people who have suffered through this do.  Thank you for considering.