Can I do this again?

[4h...]

Hi all. I've just joined. I've been on Estazolam (Prosom) since the late 1980s. I was able to taper off the medication in 1994 by breaking the pill into 16ths. A year later I returned to using the medication as my job was causing anxiety. I had what I recall as a very productive year in 1994. I felt good. Was sleeping well for most of that time. I remember mourning as I began to take the medication again knowing the extent to which I lose myself under a haze while on the benzo. Now, all these years later and after many attempts to get off, I'm doubting that I can accomplish it again. I'm now having my medication compounded into a liquid so that I can reduce it by specific amounts. However, I'm also struggling with depression, anxiety, and isolation. I'm not in the positive place I was those many years ago when I accomplished this. I'm looking to be a member of the community here to both give and receive support as we all move towards better health and freedom from this very challenging struggle. Thank you for reading...

Hello 4health, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry to hear you're in this place again, but you're not alone!  Many of our members have stopped taking the drug multiple times in the past with little to no problems, but have found that isn't the case this time.  I'm glad you to hear you're getting your medication compounded, will you have enough to take it slow, we typically suggest reducing about 10-15% every couple of weeks, or whatever you feel you can do in order to remain functional. 

Your symptoms sound familiar, most of us are feeling, or have felt that way when on the drug and tapering from it, so you're among people who understand.  Let us know how we can help you, we're glad you're here.

Pamster