"Benzo-safe" movies to watch during withdrawal -- Now Partially Indexed (Pg. 1)

[Al...]

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Al...]

• [sa...]

• [vi...]

• [Pa...]

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Conjuring. A delightful romp about about a young family confronting a mischievious phalanx of witty hobgoblins in their new Connecticut home.

Romantics Anonymous (Les Émotifs anonymes) if you like French film. It is about social anxiety but very nice movie.

I liked that french film Romantics Anonymous

Poupoupidou.2011.(Nobody Else But You) edit: benzo-related not benzo-safe

is french movie about a woman that takes on a character similar to marylin monroe

sadly and unwittingly overdosed on a combination of sedatives, stilnox,rohypnol,1 other?

• 2 weeks later...
Saw a decent movie called "A good year" Its about a vineyard in the french countryside. Beautiful scenery! Great to just sit back and enjoy the view..

• 2 years later...

I see a lot of my movies on the main list but this one I need to add -

the 1980's A&E DVD production of Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle as Lizzy and Colin Firth as Darcy  :smitten:

Would have to be purchased online like I did, I'm guessing, but for my money there's nothing better! 

There is no more benign, pleasant, relaxing & engaging historical/romantic film out there =) and you cannot beat the costuming and magnificent historic homes.  :thumbsup:

My favorites during the worst times (from the moment I was able to watch a screen of course) :

The japanese animation movies from Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki. Nature, hope, spirituality, the search for the light.

The high quality nature documentaries from the BBC narrated by Richard Attenborough. The calming feeling of watching exotic animals and plants. A sensation of belonging.

And The Monty Pythons comedies of course, movies and TV.

A daily laugh to take as seriously as a medication with 90's sitcoms (Seinfeld,...)

Yes ! Groundhog Day is so much like my benzo days that as a bittersweet memory my ringtone is now, and forever, Sonny and Cher's "I got you Babe"

• 1 month later...

Galaxy Quest (comedy)  :laugh:

IMDB - The alumni cast of a space opera television series have to play their roles as the real thing when an alien race needs their help. However, they also have to defend both Earth and the alien race from a reptilian warlord.

Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shaloub, Alan Rickman

• 4 months later...

Little Miss Sunshine

Mrs. Doubtfire

Borat

Sister Act

Momma Mia

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Fame

Nine to Five

I think a chick made the above list and probably an old one  :thumbsup:

There's Something About Mary - I always laugh when I even hear the name of this movie, because of something my high school son said during the video at home. He asked, "Why is she putting that bird poop in her hair?" Total silence from the home crowd. I said, "Let me tell you about that later buddy." LOL. I did.