Goodbye Xanax (Alprazolam)

[Se...]

After more than 10 years of continued, doctor prescribed alprazolam use, I am free from one of two benzo drugs! 

It’s been a long, painful journey and I’m not finished with tapering.  This chapter is closed though.  I will never take another alprazolam in my life. NEVER!!

Today is six days since I’ve taken alprazolam. It’s still way too early to celebrate as I’m not finished yet.  I’m currently taking .94mg clonazepam thanks to a poor crossover attempt by my former psychiatrist.

Some symptoms have decreased.  I’m by no means healed since I still have another benzo beast to conquer.  It’s a stepping stone to being benzo free.

I never thought the day would get here.  My Dad died on 10/10/05 and on the morning of 10/10/19, I took 0.0425mg of the current .17mg dose of alprazolam.  It seemed appropriate and, as always, I looked to my Dad for strength.  It was a rough few days after.  I basically jumped from .17mg.  I was tired of the monotony.  Tapering, holding, being sick 24/7 with nausea and fear I’d never get off this crap! 

I had some generic Librax that I took for two days hoping it would help with the jump.  It didn’t and felt I was playing with fire using a drug that contained yet another benzo. I stopped that after about five capsules. Good move. 

You can do it.  Maybe I had the advantage of being on another benzo.  I’m not sure.  I certainly wasn’t symptom free during the taper or after the jump.  I’m still symptomatic. 

I’m moving forward with the clonazepam taper in about another week.  I’m exhausted from doing this for more than a year.  I want off and know I can and will do it!

Thanks for participating in the first chapter.

Please help me along in Chapter II.  You’re all invaluable during the process and I am ever so grateful for the help.

Thank you for continuing the journey with me.

:smitten:

Thanks Challis!  It’s been a bit rough jumping from .17mg sans the one small 0.0425mg dose that last morning. There’s a tiny improvement every day.  Not looking for miracles...just small steps forward.  I’ll take it!  #OneDayAtATime  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your support and words of encouragement!  Definitely happy to have the drug out of my worry box.  Onto the next challenge.

I’ll get there!

💜

Wow!  That's awesome ... such a milestone.  All the best to you as you continue the journey to being benzo-free.  :thumbsup:

Thank you!  I appreciate your thoughtful comments and words of encouragement!

Onto the next chapter...

💜

Congratulations!!! You know you can do the other one since you have conquered this one!!! You've got this!!! ❤

Thank you!  I really appreciate the vote of confidence.  I’m going to get well again!

💜