Dizziness, BP fluctuation, head pressure

[Br...]

Saw my doctor today for spikes in my blood pressure - to add a new med or not to add.  She thinks withdrawal from Klonopin is not a factor in my BP spikes, increased palpitations, dizziness and head pressure.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I jumped but she thinks I wouldn’t be having anymore withdrawal symptoms. Btw I’m 65.

She’s well meaning, kind and I like her a lot. I told her about BB and what I’ve learned about WD often taking months.

I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been said many times on BB but it’s amazing what an enormous gulf there is between our experiences and what the medical community thinks. It’s so unhelpful at a time we really need caring and informed support.

We decided to hold off on decision to add a new BP med. I have a memorial service for my mother this weekend. My doc thinks my anxiety about having to speak at it may be affecting my blood pressure and I think it’s possible. It’s hard to tell what’s my baseline anxiety re-emerging after being blanketed by Klonopin and Ativan, and what’s my CNS trying to recalibrate.

Thanks for reading this. This group has been a godsend during my waves.

Anxiety absolutely causes massive surges in BP. These are temporary spikes though, your normal blood pressure outside of anxiety won't be nearly this high. I've had my BP spike to 152/100 after a panic attack, its perfectly though normal outside of panic attacks. These temporary spikes usually aren't harmful.

Hi brighterday,

Im glad you are holding off from the bp meds. It can make things more complicated adding anything during this wd crisis.

I never have bp issue in my life, and my bp is alway on the lower end as an athlete. 3 wks after jumping i started having extreme bp fluctuation from 40 to 200. The spikes often follow a meal that i reacted to. I had to cut off 60% of my original food items to control glutamate level. Im now at 3 months and been on this restricted diet for 2 months. The bp issue lessoned a lot that i dont check it regularly anymore.

I believe yours will pass too in a while when your shocked system calms down.

Cant bieve how many other health issues this process can bring up. I had and still have too many to count, but i try to stay hold and not even get diagnosed by those medical professionals. They only know about normal patients with normal illness.

Keep the faith for it resolve by time.

Low glutamate Diet helped me tremendously if you want to try.

4mom

• 2 weeks later...