Are muscle relaxers safe for us?

[88...]

I want to look into them as an option for my awful jaw spasm (now in its 11th month I think) but not if it risks messing with my healing. Thank you.

Anybody with any personal experience?  I am facing this decision as well.  I took them for years for back spasms and they worked very well.  But of course, I am very afraid of them too.  I took flexeril. 

I've taken Baclofen, with no problems. It does make me drowsy.

I just wanted to mention that baclofen does affect gaba-b, so while some have found it helpful, others have been massively set back by it).

Other options are flexeril (affects serotonin, not gaba, and also slightly sedating.  I still take this but I'm slowly tapering it).  Norflex is another muscle relaxer that works differently.  I use this on occasion when the face spasms act up.

If you are not super sensitised to everything g you might be alright.

I’m in such a mess now can’t take anything g and have contracture through whole body.

Does your jaw tightness feel like your face is being crushed and if you try to open mouth it snaps shut and pulls up in to temporalis.

Do you also have horrificly tight neck that pulls head back and rigid shoulders?

I've taken Baclofen, with no problems. It does make me drowsy.

I just wanted to mention that baclofen does affect gaba-b, so while some have found it helpful, others have been massively set back by it).

Other options are flexeril (affects serotonin, not gaba, and also slightly sedating.  I still take this but I'm slowly tapering it).  Norflex is another muscle relaxer that works differently.  I use this on occasion when the face spasms act up.

When you take Flexeril does it make all your muscles very weak?

When I tried muscle relaxants after everything g went rigid all my muscles went weak and had different kind of spasms.