Only for Men - No Sex Life!

[...]

I never thought I would ask this question again. I'm 8.5 months out. I developed ED when I took Xanax

. Not only ED but complete sexual pleasure. I could do sex but no pleasure in having sex no fun anymore.

Now 8.5 months off I'm slowly getting my errections back but no feeling in sex. My brain has gone numb!

Is it sexual anhedonia? I feel no attraction in girls. No desire to have sex.

Life is ruined after 10 days on Xanax.

Should I take any other medication or consult any doctor to change my brain chemistry.

I'm 33 unmarried and this hurts me most. Its like sexual impotance.  >:(:(

Prior to that I couldn't go on without having sex after 2-3 days. Now weeks pass and no feeling & desire to love.

I think wikipedia says it right its sexual anhedonia and it has no cure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_anhedonia

[28...]
This is obviously a big concern for you but I'm 100% convinced that you will recover from this. The link you have provided relates to people who have always had either an absence of sexual desire or extremely low. If you had sexual desire before benzos and wd it will return. Are you taking anti depressants? They are known to cause loss of sexual function. As for your question as to whether any medication might help i would wait and let your brain heal naturally, it will come back into natural balance but it can take some time. These drugs really impact our bodies in so many different ways. Be patient and stop worrying.

Hey, it will come back! I think I was DOA until about a year off and then it just came back one day and never left. Hang in there, it ALL gets better  :thumbsup:

Sexual anhedonia has no cure when you don’t know the cause. If you are sure the cause is benzo related then you can be sure it will reverse with time. I had the same issue. It is slowly coming back at 9 months off. I am not having erectile dysfunction. It is weird I still find women attractive but I don’t have the same sexual attraction as before. It comes and goes now. It’s improving. I went hiking with my wife recently and she was wearing these shorts that she looked awesome in. Everything kicked in and was working fine! Sorry if that’s tmi. Lol.

When I was on Klonopin I barely had any sex drive at all. Now since I've been off and coming off I've had more of a sex drive then ever! Depression and also being on medication will cause no sex drive. Depression just ruins sex drive. It's normal to not have a sex drive when your all stressed out and/or depressed. I wouldn't start looking for a specific cause and/or start worrying about. It'll come back, it just takes time.

When I first jumped my sex drive jumped too. Nothing, no feeling, no desire. When I get windows now my sex drive comes raging back. I’m now in a 6 week wave and my desire has once again left the building. In my opinion you will regain your desire. When we feel bad we convince ourselves every symptom could be permanent. I’m a true believer we will heal. Stay strong my friend!

I never thought I would ask this question again. I'm 8.5 months out. I developed ED when I took Xanax

. Not only ED but complete sexual pleasure. I could do sex but no pleasure in having sex no fun anymore.

Now 8.5 months off I'm slowly getting my errections back but no feeling in sex. My brain has gone numb!

Is it sexual anhedonia? I feel no attraction in girls. No desire to have sex.

Life is ruined after 10 days on Xanax.

Should I take any other medication or consult any doctor to change my brain chemistry.

I'm 33 unmarried and this hurts me most. Its like sexual impotance.  >:(:(

Prior to that I couldn't go on without having sex after 2-3 days. Now weeks pass and no feeling & desire to love.

I think wikipedia says it right its sexual anhedonia and it has no cure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_anhedonia

I know this is tough for you, but if having zero sex drive while in withdrawal is your biggest problem, then you’re doing pretty well. I’m honestly a bit jealous if that’s the case lol. Not trying to be rude or anything. I’d honestly trade every ounce of sexual desire that I have now or will ever have to just get this withdrawal over with.