Symptoms 3 years and 2 months

[lo...]

Still experience weak legs , sore muscles (especially in legs and neck).

Is this normal this far out i mean come on its like my muscles dont grow anymore or heal anymore after labor . I try to ride my bike to work every day and really its living hell my legs are weak dont build up muscle anymore and its not even that far.

Can someone please tell me this is normal so far out?

GABA supplements have helped me tremendously.  It works well in combination with Aleve.  I have been off 4 years now and it works for me.  Since you have been off 3+ years, I recommend it for you.  Nothing worked early in my recovery.

GABA supplements have helped me tremendously.  It works well in combination with Aleve.  I have been off 4 years now and it works for me.  Since you have been off 3+ years, I recommend it for you.  Nothing worked early in my recovery.

This is so cool. I might start a separate thread on this. How do you know they worked? Did you see an improvement of symptoms when taking them? Curious what other symptoms they helped with?

The GABA helps with head tightness and sore muscles and joints.  I learned about GABA supplements years ago when I did body building and took karate.  I learned then that GABA helps with recovery time and helps sore muscles to heal faster.  At that time I had no knowledge of GABA being a neurotransmitter and I didn't even know what at benzo was.  I actually heard about GABA for the first time in a body building magazine. 

For the last two years I have been having stiff and sore muscles and joints and I was wondering if I had arthritis.  I tried the GABA once in my first year of withdrawals and it didn't seem to work so I stopped using it.  However, after experiencing extreme soreness and stiffness several months ago, I decided to give it another try.  This time it worked well and now I can work in my garden, on my car and anything else I want to do without stiffness and pain.  Even though the GABA works well alone it is even better when used with Aleve.  Now this is just from my experience and it may not work for anyone else.  But hopefully it does because BBs need as much help as they can get to relieve pain.

You can buy GABA at your local GNC or health food store.  I can't answer your questions about how it effect GABA receptors and all of that because I really don't know.  Also, I'm not on any medications so I'm not worried about drug interactions.  You may want to consider that before trying this if you are taking other psych or pain meds.       

The GABA helps with head tightness and sore muscles and joints.  I learned about GABA supplements years ago when I did body building and took karate.  I learned then that GABA helps with recovery time and helps sore muscles to heal faster.  At that time I had no knowledge of GABA being a neurotransmitter and I didn't even know what at benzo was.  I actually heard about GABA for the first time in a body building magazine. 

For the last two years I have been having stiff and sore muscles and joints and I was wondering if I had arthritis.  I tried the GABA once in my first year of withdrawals and it didn't seem to work so I stopped using it.  However, after experiencing extreme soreness and stiffness several months ago, I decided to give it another try.  This time it worked well and now I can work in my garden, on my car and anything else I want to do without stiffness and pain.  Even though the GABA works well alone it is even better when used with Aleve.  Now this is just from my experience and it may not work for anyone else.  But hopefully it does because BBs need as much help as they can get to relieve pain.

You can buy GABA at your local GNC or health food store.  I can't answer your questions about how it effect GABA receptors and all of that because I really don't know.  Also, I'm not on any medications so I'm not worried about drug interactions.  You may want to consider that before trying this if you are taking other psych or pain meds.     

I just had an appointment with a neuropsychologist and I asked her about supplements. She said she didn't take any as there is zero evidence that do anything but make expensive urine. I would love to find some research on this!

You can find information about muscle recovery time on bodybuilding websites and in articles but I have never heard of anyone using GABA supplements to aid recovery from issues relating to past benzo use.  It really helped muscle soreness from body building for me.  I was actually surprised about how much it helped with muscle and joint aches considering I have never found anything that helps with benzo related aches and pains.