Crying spells and anger

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

I'm having a rough week so far.

I've been crying for 30 minutes, and got angry at my Parents because they just don't understand the situation I am in.

I discarded some chicken in the freezer, and it was meant to be from the fridge. Cog fog something awful. Then a fight blew up and I cracked it. I just hate this whole thing.

Dave.  :'(

Hi Dave, how far out are you? I struggled with rage and my emotions were extremely volatile when I initially jumped CT last year. I understand the cog fog too.. it was very hard to be functional during my initial withdrawal. All I can say is that it gets better with time and those symptoms go away. Just continue to abstain from benzos and alcohol  :smitten: Also, I found it's nearly impossible to try and get people to understand/relate to what you are dealing with although I tried over and over again.

I would show them the CNN special that Lisa Ling just put out. I found that after sharing that, people were able to get a better understanding of how serious what you are dealing with is:

https://youtu.be/Yh54uj6qH98

na-  :angel:

Hi, Dave. Rage is currently my worst symptom at nearly 19 months off benzos. It is torture. The rage is for no good reason most of the time, just normal adult stress that I used to be able to handle better. I'm not sure what can be done about it. The anger often leads to tears and depression.