Tell me about your waves please

[oc...]

I was rapid tapered last fall off of topamax after being on it for 30 years. I stopped the taper after I was 80 percent off of it around November I believe. Then I had to do a taper of xanax and it was finished in June. I have since started a very very slow taper of the remaining topamax again.

This summer I was feeling decent not great. I was sleep ok again my body felt decent but the last month and half I have been in hell again. Ive had muscle pain, burning skin, horrible insomnia, sore muscles etc

Has anyone else been a year out and been hit with a long wave? I am just scared that it might be something else. Alot of these symptoms I had when I was rapid tapered but its just odd that I am having them again so far out plus the fact that I was not tapering all that much this time.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello  :) I am about a year out. I have largely recovered, but am still hit with waves of depression and other symptoms sometimes.

Most notably, I had a return of the electric feeling in my body when sleeping combined with slight insomnia. From everything I have read though, waves late in the game are common and I'm not too concerned about it.

na-  :angel:

[f3...]
I'm sorry you're having horrible sxs, I'm still getting brutal waves every couple of days and I'm almost 22 months off, mostly horrific depression plus  burning skin, adrenaline surges, muscle aches and crushing fatigue, lasts about a week, then i get a few days relief, this whole process really sucks, I'm bedridden most of the day whereas 6 months ago i was feeling a lot better. Horrible evil poisonous drugs. Hope you feel  better soon.

Hello  :) I am about a year out. I have largely recovered, but am still hit with waves of depression and other symptoms sometimes.

Most notably, I had a return of the electric feeling in my body when sleeping combined with slight insomnia. From everything I have read though, waves late in the game are common and I'm not too concerned about it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have also read about late waves its just seems odd that these late waves could be so brutal.

Thanks

I'm sorry you're having horrible sxs, I'm still getting brutal waves every couple of days and I'm almost 22 months off, mostly horrific depression plus  burning skin, adrenaline surges, muscle aches and crushing fatigue, lasts about a week, then i get a few days relief, this whole process really sucks, I'm bedridden most of the day whereas 6 months ago i was feeling a lot better. Horrible evil poisonous drugs. Hope you feel  better soon.

Sorry you are going thru that. I know that it sucks. I hope you start feeling better. Maybe its just the WD I am goign thru. I always think that the worry is always the worst symptom. This stuff will make you worry yourself to death.

Hope you heal soon

It is far out...but from what I've read, depending on the method of coming off the medication it can take around 18 months sometimes longer to fully recover. Hang in there, I'm doing 100x better just a year out from a cold-turkey and improving daily.

Also, as far as waves go. Many people on here say that the symptoms are worse in the morning, I have experienced the opposite. My symptoms ramp up at night after about 8:00 PM.. I believe it may have to do with the time we were taking the medication and when it would normally have been wearing off. I took mine in the morning and sometimes around lunchtime, so I was coming down at night off of the medication. Maybe those people who experience symptoms strongly in the morning were taking the medication at night before going to sleep, so their bodies were coming down off the medication when they woke up. Just a theory.

It is far out...but from what I've read, depending on the method of coming off the medication it can take around 18 months sometimes longer to fully recover. Hang in there, I'm doing 100x better just a year out from a cold-turkey and improving daily.

Also, as far as waves go. Many people on here say that the symptoms are worse in the morning, I have experienced the opposite. My symptoms ramp up at night after about 8:00 PM.. I believe it may have to do with the time we were taking the medication and when it would normally have been wearing off. I took mine in the morning and sometimes around lunchtime, so I was coming down at night off of the medication. Maybe those people who experience symptoms strongly in the morning were taking the medication at night before going to sleep, so their bodies were coming down off the medication when they woke up. Just a theory.

Yeah, I still have about 20 percent of the medication to come off of yet. The cuts have been giving me a hard time. I feel like its gonna take a long time. Hopefully it wont.

I appreciate the replies

Interesting Neo.  My mornings were the worst for about 7 months.  Then, for some strange reason, they became the best part of my day.  The sxs would build and the pm would be difficult.  Just starting my 11th month and I can't figure out a pattern anymore.  I just wake up and take what comes. 

I dosed morning and late afternoon for many years.  Doing overall pretty well.  Last 9 days was a pain of a wave.  It finally lifted.  My waves are nothing compared to the intensity of acute.  Hope that doesn't change. 

I feel for ya Ocean.  Hope ya get some relief soon.

Yeah, I still have about 20 percent of the medication to come off of yet. The cuts have been giving me a hard time. I feel like its gonna take a long time. Hopefully it wont.

I appreciate the replies

I think if you taper your chance of PAWS is significantly reduced, so I doubt it will be a long recovery once you're off. It's the knee-jerk chemical reaction of going CT that seems to cause the most issues.. which is what I did  ::) I think once you're off the sxs will be mild and improve quickly. But what do I Know!  :sick: