just starting to stop

[...]

I found out about benzobuddies last night on tv.  I've been on clonzapam for 13 years! I've been doing all the wrong things to quit taking them, like just immediately stopping them! very painful! I was on two 2milligram clonzapam everyday. I decided to just quit them on August 13th.  I thought I was going to die! now I'm on 1 milligram at night, but still having a very hard time!

Hello Y2HK,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! I also made some failed attempts at tapering when I had no information about it, you are not alone in this. I also experienced a cold turkey, as directed by my doctor, for a medical test. It was pretty awful. Now you are here and you'll find a lot of good information as well as support so you can be successful tapering off clonazepam.

You dropped 50% of a very strong benzo so it's not surprising that you are still feeling some strong symptoms.  Since you have taken clonazepam for many years a slow taper is recommended to help minimize withdrawal symptoms. A reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

Another good resource of information is the Ashton Manual. It discusses benzos, tapering as well as the withdrawal process in general. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

Once you've done some reading you'll find a plan that works best for you. Benzo withdrawal is not a race, slow and steady is the way to go.

Let us know how we can help.

General Taper Plans   

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :smitten: