Looking for help coming off clonazapam

[co...]

I was told to put my post here...I think...Still getting used to this forum - or any type of forum for that matter :)

I am looking to come off of my dose of clonazepam, which I have been on in one form or another for the past 20 years.  Right now I am on 0.625mg once daily before bed, (.5 & 0.125). I was put on for severe panic attacks and anxiety, which I have under control and can manage due to CBT. Maybe splitting my dose up during the day might help?

Oddly - I built up to a dose of 6 or 7 mg for the first 10 years, and then came down again, no issues, and again, in the past year, I came down 0.125 without issue. At some point, about 10 years ago, I believe I came off, because I didn't see my psychiatrist for a couple years. I think stress and tightened anxiety has me now, but I want to come off, and manage my anxiety.

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs. I work full time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - as well, I will read some of the posts.

WOW!  You really went down a lot in a short period of time - Congrats!  How did you do it?

I am finding it odd how the last stretch is so challenging. It may be my mainframe right down. I know I can do it. 

If I read anything that is particularly helpful, I will be sure to loop you in & pass it on.  I have to find time daily - or every two days to look through posts and find a plan....as well, I need to see what else my doctor can come up with. I think we are in exactly the same spot with regards to the amount we want to reduce.  It can be done, we don't have far to go!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I just read this.

Yes I am 7 months 3 weeks out. I had a rough go around the 6 month mark. I have felt great the last 3 or 4 weeks. I still have some insomnia but most nights are good. I have obnoxious ringing but I can live with that, my eyes still get blurry, some muscle weakness but not bad. I started Planet Fitness and now running almost 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. It feels good afterwards.

I drink coffee in the mornings but thats all the caffeine I can handle, not sweets late at night. If I sleep then I feel good. Overall I feel good.

Good luck.