Benadryl:will it hurt my withdrawal progress?

[Ma...]

Hello, I have been totally benzo free for 10 months. I still have withdrawal symptoms. Will taking Benadryl set my progress back at all? I know Benadryl is of course a completely different class of drug. I'd just like to take one here and there to take the edge off the nonstop anxiety and restless sleep. I'm not big on substituting one drug for another but I'm also not big on feeling wired 24/7.

Please, no suggestions about yoga or meditation or nutrition. I do all of that quite a bit and yes it is helpful.

No. Just don't take it every day. Don't take more than 50mg at a time. It isn't the best drug for your brain but taking it one day a week shouldn't set you back.

No. Just don't take it every day. Don't take more than 50mg at a time. It isn't the best drug for your brain but taking it one day a week shouldn't set you back.

Im on Benzo withdrawal (see my sig) and have taken Benadryl once in awhile for the last several years. It truly helps me sleep but I cut one of those pink tabs in half and only take it if I have congestion or I'm itching... sometimes if I can't sleep from a stuffy nose etc.  I am recording my progress daily, my symptoms, side effects etc and it seems like I don't have any kind of unusual side effects from the added Benadryl even days later.  It does and always has made me a little drowsy the next day but that was even before Benzos.  :smitten::thumbsup: