muscle pain relief - food and herbs - sleeping problems Edition 5

[An...]

Edition 5.

In the past 7 weeks after complete withdrawal, I studied hundreds of hours on serious sites about nutrition, herbs etc to diminish all kinds of problems remaining : poor digestion, no hunger, muscle cramps, blurred view.  I discovered really hundreds of positive things, just share with you what helps me a lot, the most, and what is quite simple to achieve :

0) Important: use enough WATER and enough OXIGEN (fresh air is so important for the brain) to heal.  These things are almost for free.  Drinking enough is OK, but I won’t drink much after 6 PM, in order to sleep better.  I drink around 2 liters per day, mostly water and herb teas.  I don’t drink more than ½ liter „at once“ as drinking too much at once thins the blood.

And this is already thinned by the ginger, kurkuma, turmeric I consume.

The kidneys can only filter around 0.1 liters per hour.  Drinking a lot before sleep

could provoke a sleep not deep enough.

1) My sleeping problems : the liver works intensively between midnight and 3 PM.  So we should not eat fatty and much proteins in the evening,

this gives extra work for the liver, that can get exhausted by midnight... not able to do its cleaning job between 0 and 3 AM

2) I woke up a lot after 3 o'clock... from 3 AM the brain starts to release "wake up" hormones until 8 AM.  Putting down sugar level in the blood.

A professor gave the advice, eat some dextrose with a bit of magnesium, within 10 minutes extra insulin comes in the blood, the wake-up hormones are 'blocked' and one sleeps another 1-2 hours.  It worked with me !

3) A good protein to digest, to „nourish the nerves“ seems to be ... egg white.

I now cook often 5-6 eggs, throw away the yellow, and eat only the egg white.  My body really feels well after such a "dinner".

4) To calm down the adrenalin I feel constantly flowing since stopping the benzos : passiflora, and all herbs with rosmarin acid :

oregano, basil, thymus, peppermint,.  I make tea of them but I eat then the complete leaves.

Rosmarin acid would block some substance that makes us more nervous

5) Sage : I eat the complete leaves.  It makes me sweat a lot less in my sleep.

I also eat cammolile flowers (slightly cooked).

6) Brazil nuts have awsome lots of selenium, I just eat some regularly.

We tend to have lack of selenium and the brain seems to need it.

7) No gsm anymore next to my bed.  Complete darkness in the room makes a great difference

8) As I still have back pains since the benzo : a cushion between my knees, when I lie down on my side to sleep.

This relieved a lot of back pain during the day !

9) I can't  eat sugar anymore.  I don't regret it.  When I do eat something with sugar, my intestines go crazy. (Except at night when I sometimes must take the bit of dextrose)

10) I can't drink coffee anymore.  When I drink it, my heart starts beating like mad.  I don't regret it.

I even can t drink green tea anymore, I regret it a bit.  Caffein in tea can be "more" than in a coffee..  OF COURSE : any soda, lemonade, even fruit juice : it’s all like poison to me now.

Once you’re out of the sugar addiction (it’s like kicking off a drug, but it lasts 14 days only) one does develop aversion for sugar.  It is healthy for the brain and the body to quit sugar that… poisons us !  Think of it and get out of the collective sugar madness. 

Alcohol of course is just a poisonous drug, no more, like smoking. 

Another great source of information to understand the brain : 

https://poweronpoweroff.com/blogs/longform/a-guide-to-neurotransmitter-balance

Tip to sleep more comfortably

Sleep in pure cotton pyjamas or underwear.  Sleep under a pure cotton blanket.  Whatever you sleep under, you can insert easily a pure cotton blanket.  Any synthetic blanket is more likely to irritate skin, and we can avoid this better, especially when we sweat. 

Very important : enough oxygen during sleep.    I had my house full of... sanseverias; this is the only plant producing lots (!) of oxygen day AND night.  I had tens of pots in all rooms.  When I was under benzos I became so passive it seemed difficult to keep giving them water (once per week).  Now I "smile" about this but I regret having thrown them away.

But it grows back quickly... just take your scissors in the leaves, plant the cut leaves in the pot : it forms new racines by itself.

I write this, because in the 2 rooms where I removed the plants, it now stinks.  I had this never before.  So I'm going to put my sanseverias back in every room.  I know this sounds a bit ridiculous, but I put a plant in front of my office, every time I look at the plant, I get more calm.

When smoking was still allowed, all cafés were full of sanseverias to purify air. 

All sanseveria plants on earth come from a place in Congo.  A missionary brought it to an Exposition Universelle in Europe, from there, now hundreds of millions sanseverias are all over the planet.  So easy to grow, only needs lots of light (window!) and no frost.  Once per week or once per month water.  It does not matter much.  It could even survive months without water. 

If you still doubt about „sugar“ it does not harm too much, just watch „that sugar film“ on youtube or on dvd.  You probably will be shocked.

What’s NOT on my diet why

Milk, cheese I’m milk protein intolerant, but in general milk

proteins are very hard to digest for everyone

Crips, margarine, cookies, toast, chips I avoid any form of trans fatty acids, trying to

avoid bad digestion and inflammations

Chocolate Know about the oxidants but can’t deal with

the caffein in it.  Caffein always affects brain.

Soya As most benzos and antidepressants have a huge

impact on hormones, I prefer other proteins than

in soya

Processed food Always loss of most of the vitamins by cooking,

baking, preserving.

Yes it takes an hour to cook decently, but many

people have… 4 hours per day to watch TV

and this is then not a „problem“

Mussels, shrimps In Europe up to 50 % of the mussel flesh

are already… micropastics, the mussels eat them.

So do shrimps.  Asian shrimps : beware of

preservation products and antibiotics.

Whats on my diet why

From time to time goat cheese The casein in goat milk is another one than casein

in cow milk.  Easier to digest.  But I eat it only

once per week.

Cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbages I even eat them raw as much as possible, as

Broccoli cooking destroys up to 97 % of the antioxidants

that fight inflammation.  Even with my irritable

bows : I CAN eat these cabbages raw !

Kefir The cow milk proteins have been broken down

by fermentation.  The probiotics help build up

gut flora to combat bacteriae causing

inflammations

All nuts, for all almonds, brazil nuts,

cashew, walnut, Protein source, antioxidants… but take care a nut

is 50 % oil.  Don’t eat 100 grams at once !

pumpkin seed, pumpkin oil Reduces the growth of prostate with men.

50 % of men would develop prostate cancer (? source not found anymore)

makrel, thuna fish „for the omega-3“ that would be anti

inflammatory, especially for the brain

If you do take omega-3 pills take them out of

the fridge, so the pills won’t open in the stomach

but rather in the intestines.  Take them with

a small amount of vitamin C as omega-3 oxidizes

quickly (losing its qualities)

Rye bread, sour bread Current wheat is a novelty in human history,

avoid yeast as this promotes growth of bad

bacteriae in the intestines.  Rye has a lower

glychemic index, avoid diabetes

Whole grain pasta If eating wheat, than whole grain.

Cold pasta digests even slower, better for the

insulin system

Oats oat meal A „miracle“ food, just google to know why