Author Topic: DLMT vs. Dry cut daily microtaper  (Read 473 times)

[Buddie]

DLMT vs. Dry cut daily microtaper
« on: October 13, 2019, 04:11:37 pm »
Hey everyone just wondering the pros and cons of each method. I was doing a cut and hold but symptoms became too much. Iíve been holding for almost 5 trying to stabilize and just kept on getting worse so also added Remeron to the mix to help me stabilize. Now Iím ready to resume tapering.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: DLMT vs. Dry cut daily microtaper
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:25 pm »
I am just telling you my personal story. I have tried a dlmt twice. My body just wouldnít accept it. It is far easier to do it this way. Now I am doing a dry daily microtaper. So far, so good. It is a lot more work with the scale, but for me, it is doable.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 04:47:50 pm »
Iíve heard that one problem with daily dry microtaper is that medication is not distributed evenly throughout the tablet.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 04:24:42 pm »
If itís scored then it is distributed evenly. I prefer the dry taper. Liquid and I werenít friends. Liquid is the easiest to do the micro cuts though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 04:28:17 pm »
Iím having problems calibrating that damn scale. I end up calibrating and then itís off by .002.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 03:39:43 pm »
I did dry DMT and it was easy, I thought.
I donít see any difference b/w dry and liquid- seem more or less the same to me- to me, dry seemed much more accurate and easier than liquid. So comes down to personal preference maybe. I didnít see any advantage to introducing a new variable of liquid. But my benzo was not a tablet/ it was a capsule full of homogenous powder- so maybe thatís why the dry MT made sense for me and was more accurate and easy. I think some ppl with tablets may crush the tablet into a homogenous powder but idk if that changes anything. Bob7 has a video of this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 03:43:35 pm »
The last digit on any scale will fluctuate a bit. Depending how much youíre reducing by on the scale, it may be negligible. Remember the tablets vary by up to 10% anyway and your scale is not fluctuating 10%.
If you have more decimal places, the scale will have less fluctuation, but they are costly and most ppl on here seem ok with a scale to 0.001g.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 04:32:45 pm »
Thatís the problem with Klonopin. Because it is a more potent pill I need the third decimal place to be accurate.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 09:58:17 pm »
If itís scored then it is distributed evenly. I prefer the dry taper. Liquid and I werenít friends. Liquid is the easiest to do the micro cuts though.

Not correct.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 10:48:36 pm »
Thatís the problem with Klonopin. Because it is a more potent pill I need the third decimal place to be accurate.
If you want the third decimal place to be accurate, then you need a scale with 4 decimal places. Look around at prices. I used a scale with 4 decimal places and it was 100% worth it for me.

Agree that a score on a tablet doesnít mean anything abt the contents being evenly distributed.