Tempted to break my abstinence...

[50...]

In week 6 after c/t ambien. Everything seems to have went away... except for the noises, hissing and ringing in ears that came in week 4. today sounds started shifting, going really quiet and coming back sounding different. I'm really tempted to go on the clonazepam doctor prescribed me for this complaint and taper down (i know, what a cosmic joke right). What do you advise? Thanks

[33...]

You're right, it's a cosmic joke.

Seriously why on earth would you risk putting yourself back on a benzo, you must have read the stories on here of the suffering it can cause. Are you prepared to risk that. Read my sig if you want to know how bad it can actually get.

Please resist the temptation and give in to being self caring. This poison can cause some seriously heavy shit.

Don't give into temptation. It's good to know that you have it just in case, but I think southern star is right. Reinstatement is the worst case scenario.

na-  :angel:

In week 6 after c/t ambien. Everything seems to have went away... except for the noises, hissing and ringing in ears that came in week 4. today sounds started shifting, going really quiet and coming back sounding different. I'm really tempted to go on the clonazepam doctor prescribed me for this complaint and taper down (i know, what a cosmic joke right). What do you advise? Thanks

I agree with southernstar.  I am on Clonazepam. Look at my signature... this is hell.  I've lost a marriage, a job and almost my sanity... suffering badly here and have four months of tapering left.  When I'm done... I'm done with this evil drug.  Never again.  :-[

Tinnitus often goes away on its own. At least mine did -- and it was caused by benzo w/d. IMO you just have to put up with it. I made sure I always had music on in the car, and in the house I either had my earbuds in (mp3 music) or had something playing on my computer. You learn to "work around" the noise in your head. And going on klonopin to "fix" this is like hitting a fly with a sledge hammer.

Just my thoughts.

Hang in there. Things will improve.

Katz

Tinnitus often goes away on its own. At least mine did -- and it was caused by benzo w/d. IMO you just have to put up with it. I made sure I always had music on in the car, and in the house I either had my earbuds in (mp3 music) or had something playing on my computer. You learn to "work around" the noise in your head. And going on klonopin to "fix" this is like hitting a fly with a sledge hammer.

Just my thoughts.

Hang in there. Things will improve.

Katz

Omg... that made me laugh. Hitting a fly with a sledgehammer!!  :laugh::D

[e3...]
I've seen a few of these kinds of posts lately where the OP says they are pretty much healed except for a few issues and want to reinstate.