3mg Xanax daily for 15 years

[IH...]

Doctors cut me off, I have a few left, and because of their abrupt move, I can't taper off the proper way. And its not like I'm "fine" now with medication, but it kept my head over water. There are problems in life, things from childhood, etc., that won't go away from a pill.

I was wondering about substitutes. Is there anything over-the-counter to relieve anxiety, or to substitute the withdrawals I will have in the future?

I was actually doing well, until this happened. On the first day I was told I'd be cut off, I experienced things I never have.. I was shaking all day, felt I had an ulcer, and my anger toward this insensitive professional businesswoman was so much.. I couldn't stop thinking about it, mostly because I can't understand how people can be so evil, especially when they get paid big bucks to HELP, not HURT. She must have got confused and went with the Hypocritical Oath.

I just started seeing a psychiatrist yesterday, and she was so cold and condescending. When I wake up in the morning to pee, nothing but those thoughts enter my mind, and won't get out, no matter what I put on to distract. I actually woke up at 3am the day of my appointment yesterday. She scheduled me another one in 2 weeks, only to take more money until I tell them to go to hell. I've been going back and forth, thinking I should give it one more visit, but I told her every other medicine made me suicidal (the previous psychiatrist forgot, because she doesn't care, and suggested the two medications that caused me to attempt suicide, and another one to try again).

You might plan and write out a taper plan to share with your new psychiatrist. If he/she knows that you are working toward a goal, then maybe you can get more prescriptions in decreasing amounts.

It's dangerous to stop abruptly. You probably know that already. So, that's why I thought you might have something to show your psychiatrist. Then perhaps you can work as a team.

The things you are feeling and thinking sound like what many of us deal with. Benzos are really brutal. They hit us all in different ways but from many of the same angles (if that makes sense).

There are ideas for getting through this around BB. I've found that exercise, eating healthy, and distraction work the best for me. I do take some melatonin for sleep some nights. It works part of the time.

Good thoughts to you. Sorry - no real answers. Just knowing others are pulling for you does help too from my experience. 

You might plan and write out a taper plan to share with your new psychiatrist. If he/she knows that you are working toward a goal, then maybe you can get more prescriptions in decreasing amounts.

It's dangerous to stop abruptly. You probably know that already. So, that's why I thought you might have something to show your psychiatrist. Then perhaps you can work as a team.

The things you are feeling and thinking sound like what many of us deal with. Benzos are really brutal. They hit us all in different ways but from many of the same angles (if that makes sense).

There are ideas for getting through this around BB. I've found that exercise, eating healthy, and distraction work the best for me. I do take some melatonin for sleep some nights. It works part of the time.

Good thoughts to you. Sorry - no real answers. Just knowing others are pulling for you does help too from my experience.

Thanks. I'm considering starting tonight... 2.5mg for 20 days, and lowering .5 every 20 days... I quit the psychiatrist - it seemed she was going to milk me for money and not prescribe it anyway.  Btw, do you ever get nightmares from melatonin?

what is the reasoning for cutting you off so quickly without taper?

I tested positive for hydrocodone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no interest to ever see a psychiatrist. I don't trust doctors.

But, I've been gradually reducing my Xanax use from 3mg every night and now, as of last night, down to 2.5mg (I was on 2.75 for 11 days) and plan to cut by .5 every 10 days. If I have any left, I'll take them rarely, only when I really, really need them and hopefully placing more distance upon each use.

Good luck with that. Please be careful as those cuts seem large to me. But I understand you want off which is a great thing l :smitten::)

My mistake (I've made so many since the taper).. It's actually been a .25 cut every 10 days. I have no other choice. Someone else decided my fate. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have changed a thing.