What happened?

[Su...]

So I want to get off the seroquel I started about a month ago and I'm gaining weight on it. And then people tell me it causes diabeties. So last night I took 6mg if melatonin and didn't sleep so I had to take some seroquel. And today I feel like drugged. I've felt this way before from melatonin. I'm desperate what should I do for sleep??

You could try Benadryl or doxylamine. They work for some people. Or you could try to ride the storm out without taking anything. How long have you been off of benzos?

Well I'm not off still tapering. Just a little bit of a mess right now. I've had heck with insomnia for a long time now I use benedryl sometimes. I think I was using that doxycline but it literally worked for like 2 weeks then did nothing and my doc didn't want me to just keep uping the dose.

6mg of melatonin is way too much.  Your body makes mcg each night, not mg.  Melatonin is not a "knock" out drug like a benzo; it is a hormone your body makes.  Not much short of an Rx drug will put you to sleep, especially during Benzo WD induced insomnia.