Taper advice please.

[Ra...]

First, I would like to thank all of you who post and help others.  This is such an inspiring and beautiful group of people.  I have been taking Ativan at .5 mg 4-5 times a day for vertigo.  It worked fantastic for quite awhile.  Now, it just does not work well.  So, I have been needing to taper for a long time.  I am down to about .25 mg 4-5 times a day now.  I feel like that may be too much of a cut in dose, and am having some difficult days.    I have a compounding pharmacy that can compound liquid or pills.  I just have to get back to my neurologist and get the proper prescription for the compound pharmacy for the taper.  Any suggestions? What has worked the best for people?  The pills get too small to cut after this .25 dose.  Thank you in advance. 

The simple answer is to use a liquid form to taper.  There really are 3 choices:

1) As mentioned, a compounding pharmacy can make a liquid per your doc's Rx.  It will almost certainly be a suspension, and NOT a solution

2)  You can easily make your tablets into a uniformly distributed, stable solution with a solvent like vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol.

3)  There is an Rx liquid lorazepam available.  If your doc will write a scrip, this is the best alternative.