Author Topic: Klonpin from 1 mg/day to .5  (Read 229 times)

[Buddie]

Klonpin from 1 mg/day to .5
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:08:47 pm »
I have been taking k pin for 7 years. went from 3 mg/day to 2 mg/ day then take as needed. I found some days that I didnt feel I needed any. then the next day I would get shakey and full of anxiety. I am with the help of this form down to .5 and going to hold there for a while feeling ok.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Klonpin from 1 mg/day to .5
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:19:50 pm »
I have been taking k pin for 7 years. went from 3 mg/day to 2 mg/ day then take as needed. I found some days that I didnt feel I needed any. then the next day I would get shaky and full of anxiety. I am with the help of this form down to .5 and going to hold there for a while feeling ok.

Mo,  As you, prior to tapering I took K on high dose, but prn and that's caused issues. Finally I starting holding at .5 mg K/day and it's better, however by no means is this comfortable.  Current christmas wish is to stabilize before moving forward.  Your taper from 3 mgK/day down to .5 mg is a big deal - congratulations  :thumbsup:

How do you feel on .5 K/day ?

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 02:57:46 am »
Going from 1 mg to to .5 is a little shakey I might goto .75 mg see how that feels.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 03:29:28 am »
Going from 1 mg to to .5 is a little shaky I might go to .75 mg see how that feels.

mo,  your suggesting a cut of 25%. IMHO ....I'd only cut 5 or 10% from 1 mg K, wait 10-14 days and see how that particular cut went.  With K, I don't feel the w/d effects until a few days later.   Just trying to help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 01:22:33 am »
Thank you I holding at .75 mg for now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 01:53:45 am »
Finally took the jump from .75 mg k pin to .5 .25 in the am and .25 before bed. feeling pretty good spinning class is helping .I have more energy and starting to live a life worth living. :) :) :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 03:32:52 am »
Finally took the jump from .75 mg k pin to .5 .25 in the am and .25 before bed. feeling pretty good spinning class is helping .I have more energy and starting to live a life worth living. :) :) :)

Your tapering according to your comfort level and good for you.  As you are aware, exercise is one key.  I'm glad your feeling alright.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 04:21:34 am »
when I got down to my last 0.5mg I began to use the liquid titration method. It linear and no drops, every day is a small taper down...I think its the only way to go.

Congrats and keep the faith. It will be hard, very hard but the end is worth it. I am 8 months out and much better...never go back, NEVER