Could this be a possible avenue to a cure?

[so...]

Could the mechanism in which this therapy immediately treats symptoms of PTSD, also be used to help with the benzo withdrawal cascade symptoms?

I first watched Dakota on Joe Rogans  podcast and listened to his testimony of how much it helped him

To see him speak about it starts at 54:50 on the Rogan video 

https://youtu.be/PlDUYhZvU9s

There are numerous news articles about it as well

Try search terms: stellate ganglion block, Dakota Meyer

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/sgb-could-a-simple-shot-be-a-breakthrough-treatment-for-ptsd-60-minutes-2019-06-12/

I’m sorry you didn’t have any luck with it :(

Dakota mentions something in the video about the success rate being tied to the dr using ultrasound to do correct placement....

(That he also knew there were doctors out there doing it but not doing it ‘right’?)

I don’t know; I was so encouraged and intrigued by this procedure and so moved by his story

Somni,  I also was fired up to find out more.  If it resets the brain, could it work for those of us withdrawing/damaged??

How can we find out more if it might work?

Then we'd move on to who is doing  it and might they do us...

Somni,  I also was fired up to find out more.  If it resets the brain, could it work for those of us withdrawing/damaged??

How can we find out more if it might work?

Then we'd move on to who is doing  it and might they do us...

3) Be aware that at this time, the SGB for the treatment of PTSD is not covered by most medical insurance companies. SGB has been shown in many studies to significantly improve the anxiety symptoms associated with PTSD, but it does not help everyone. 

I'm guessing you would have to try it to know if it works for you.

Finding a dr. who would do it would be a challenge.

There is a link to a doctor that does it above. You will most likely have to travel.

The dr. mentioned is V.A.  dr...

Don't know how i would travel, but would think about it, have to hire someone to take me wherever I guess.

• 1 month later...
I should have added, contacted the office.  And while you can have the procedure done, they had not done it for this purpose (benzo injury) so it is sort of like do you want to be the first?  Anyhow, I dropped it.

I don't think I would do this at this point. It seems sketchy.

I read about it a little.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK442253/

PET brain scans of 5 Veterans with combat-related PTSD one week before and after undergoing right-sided SGB found that the right amygdala and hippocampal areas were relatively overactive when PSTD symptoms were more prominent.4

Duh that's what happens when you are stressed. Typos in science, yay!

The specific mechanism of action by which SGB may mitigate PTSD symptoms remains incompletely understood.

The Long Beach VA doctors were able to demonstrate objective evidence of deactivation of the amygdala by examining PET scans (positron emission tomography) taken both before and two days after SGB.

People who get their amygdala's removed usually become fearless and get into accidents a lot because of this. Like dogs who don't know better, if you aren't afraid of getting hit by a car you tend to get hit by a car.

And then there's this:

"Brain Surgery To Remove Amygdala Leads To Woman's 'Hyper Empathy'"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brain-surgery-hyper-empathy-amygdala-remove-epilepsy_n_3920770

I thought this quote was funny: "'What we are finding is that there is not just one anatomical correlate of emotion. Rather, complex emotions like empathy, hope, etc., are likely to occur as a complex interplay from a number of areas in the brain and the amygdala is one,' Sirven said."

Keep up the good work, science!

But the real masterstroke was this: "'Most of modern neuroscience has its basis on observations of individual cases such as this one, that help to illuminate the complex working of the brain,' Sirven said."

Did that dude just say that "most of modern neuroscience" is anecdotal?

And then there's this:

"Brain Surgery To Remove Amygdala Leads To Woman's 'Hyper Empathy'"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brain-surgery-hyper-empathy-amygdala-remove-epilepsy_n_3920770

I thought this quote was funny: "'What we are finding is that there is not just one anatomical correlate of emotion. Rather, complex emotions like empathy, hope, etc., are likely to occur as a complex interplay from a number of areas in the brain and the amygdala is one,' Sirven said."

Keep up the good work, science!

But the real masterstroke was this: "'Most of modern neuroscience has its basis on observations of individual cases such as this one, that help to illuminate the complex working of the brain,' Sirven said."

Did that dude just say that "most of modern neuroscience" is anecdotal?

Thats' a weird one! Yes it totally is anecdotal. It's all hypothesis based on other hypothesis. We don't know X does Y at all.