TMS treatments for depression

[kl...]

Has anybody yet tried TMS treatments (google TMS if you are unfamiliar with it) for depression/anxiety during or before withdrawal? If so whats been your experience?

TMS made anxiety worse for me to the point that I had to quit after about ten treatments.  Before that I was taking Xanax, but after a few treatments I started having intense anxiety attacks out of the blue, which I had never had before.  It made anxiety much worse for me.

Of course my doctor said that my experience was unusual and that some people only experienced this early in the treatments.  The treatments were supposed to be every day, but due to my reaction I could only have treatments very few days.

Bear in mid that I am just one person and other people's experiences may be different.  But if I could go back in my life and undo one thing, that one thing would be TMS.

Since Lisa Ling's documentary I went into massive research about Benzo's. This lead me to this site, the Ashton manual, and TMS treatment while on Benzos.

I finished 36 treatments of TMS on June 3, 2019. It did make me feel better but nowhere near total remission.  I then went on vacation and in a short time my anxiety soared and I began to experience something I never have....Tolerance Withdrawal. I didn't know anything about the systems so I did not know what was wrong.

Now after researching myself this past week I think it is possible the TMS triggered the Tolerance Withdrawal. The treatment theory is TMS stimulates the "pleasure" neurons or neurotransmitters. Is it possible it messes with the "GABA" ones too. I have found research which states TMS should not be given to a patient on Benzos. The shrink probably did not know this nor my medication management P A.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about to begin TMS treatment on Nov 1st. I'm concerned now after reading about the anxiety. My anxiety has been awful for a year now. I can't use antidepressants because they all result in high anxiety. That's why I'm turning to TMS hoping it will alleviate some of my depression without causing anxiety. Now I don't know what to do. Are you feeling any better at this point or are you still experiencing the anxiety?

• 3 weeks later...