PLEASE HELP C/T AMBIEN WITHDRAWL

[Ia...]

My 10 mg ambien became ineffective about three months ago. I kept using it scared to stop, doctor added trazadone and that was ineffective as well. Then doctor told me to just C/T the ambien since it wasnt working anyway. Basically have many weeks with little percieved rest. Started a 15 mg of remeron the last week to see if that would help me rest. Its not. I dont know if i should go back down on the remeron to 7.5 and just stay so that if i try something new that im not facing a low withdrawl from the remeron. already tapered remeron once last year and it wasnt fun. also was on temazapam before the ambien for rest. that was working and then doc let me switch to ambien because hes a piece of shit.

i know many of you stick it out with no rest for weeks, but i dont know how long i can last. i need to get stable and then be stable for a little and then do a SLOW CONTROLLED TAPER THE RIGHT WAY. i tired serowuel for 3 days and then stopped because of the fear of how serious a med it is. not much left to try but amitriptalyn? heard ok things. i would LOVE to just jump off the remeron since its only been one week and then maybe ride this whole thing out but i dont know if i can function on the amount of rest i am getting which seems like weeks with none. i have a part time job that i really need to keep. i am 33 and really want to have a life after this. during the day i feel semi normal which is weird. anxious but im not do bad. not upset, could be the remeron keeping my emotions at bay. likely is. i have felt drowsy maybe 3 times or so in weeks. please help. i dont know how long i can go. i dont want to be on drugs, i really dont. i was fit, healthy and full of life. i was a light sleeper before all this but i slept. my insomnia went crazy before this started and they gave me the temazpam. clearly im at risk for insomnia when i have too much stress. need to manage it better. but i need to get stable right now. please help

I fell into ambien withdrawal 6 weeks ago. c/t. look, this is gonna be hard but not always. if you're not taking ambien, might as well not take any other psychoactive drugs.. we don't know if they may be slowing your recovery. what got me through is Melatonin, Diphenhydramine, and Magnesium. I managed to get a shitty 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. And I'm lucky to get that. If you stay off, you stay off.. if you're gonna take psychoactives, maybe switching to a benzo and tapering down from there may be easier.. if you have the will power and strength to stay with the taper plan and not take more.

and most importantly, it does get better with time. You should notice shifts in week 4 in the worst case. Hang in there and don't do anything impulsive. You will be in an impulsive state this whole time.