Loud racing thoughts

[f9...]

[f9...]

I am freaking out.  I came across someone's posts on here that still has the LOUD non-stop racing thoughts 15 years out.  I've had these for 10 months straight now and only seems to be getting worse.

Has anyone had the loud racing thoughts/internalizing/introspection for a long time and it went away?

I feel like I am in a never-ending battle.

I am freaking out.  I came across someone's posts on here that still has the LOUD non-stop racing thoughts 15 years out.  I've had these for 10 months straight now and only seems to be getting worse.

Has anyone had the loud racing thoughts/internalizing/introspection for a long time and it went away?

I feel like I am in a never-ending battle.

That may be the case. If I were you, I'd try to focus on ways to ameliorate the condition.

[f9...]
How do you recommend I ameliorate this condition?  It's all chemical. I can feel it in my brain.  There is a chemical terror to it. I have done everything properly.  Clean diet, breathing exercises, body scan meditations, long walks.

How do you recommend I ameliorate this condition?  It's all chemical. I can feel it in my brain.  There is a chemical terror to it. I have done everything properly.  Clean diet, breathing exercises, body scan meditations, long walks.

The following is all just my opinion.

You are already doing everything I would recommend. But don't give up, keep trying new things. The reality of benzo injury syndrome is that you are the only person that can do anything about it. You have your lifestyle processes like you list. On top of that there are all different forms of therapy. Maybe look into Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), specifically Radical Acceptance.

Will any of these things cure a damaged brain? No. They might make it heal faster, though. Will they help you cope with the experience of having a damaged brain? Yes. Other than just taking the time to heal, those are your options.

I had an awful night last night. Fell asleep for a few hours, woke up in a complete terror. Fell back asleep and had weird dreams. Was in bed for a good part of the morning. Feeling totally lost. I'm feeling a bit better now. Got in some exercise and I'm going to meditate next.

Hang in there.