16.6 % cut to much? from 1,50 to 1,25 MG klonopin

[OK...]

Hi,

So during the past two months I have gone from 2MG klonoping each day to 1,50MG. I have been on 1,5 MG/day for 10 days now and I am feeling great. So great that I am thinking about my next cut.

I do not want to get carried away (been there, done that), but I have monitored my symptoms very closely and the fact that I've had basically none at all so far I feel safe that I am ready for the next taper.

I have not started water titration, nor do I have a scale that can weigh the pills. So far I've broken the pills manually. If I do so now, the drop would be from 1,5MG to 1,25MG - 16,6%.

I am very tempted. My life is not stressful at the moment (timing seems right) and the lack of symptoms so far makes it tempting to take a leap. Is it to much of a cut? Would you rather start the water titration procedure now (that is the method I have to go to sooner or later)

Thank you

OKELM,

I'm glad you are doing so well with such a large reduction.  If it were me, I might wait a full 2 weeks before making any other changes.  Not everyone will have a challenging withdrawal, I hope this is the case for you.

I also don't believe liquid titration is necessary if the dry cut method is going well. If you are not symptomatic, I would continue with dry cutting.  Some people file the tablets in order to make smaller reductions.

I'm glad you are listening to your body, that is the best thing to do.

pianogirl

Only you can say what is too much. This is very personalized. However, one rule of thumb to follow is that there is no going backwards. For some, once you go into a withdrawal state reversing the cut does not make you better. In fact it can make things worse for some. Since there is no way of knowing what type you are until it is too late you should proceed with caution. You can always make more cuts if you feel your symptoms are almost too easy if you will. However, once you cut too much and ezperience unbearable symptoms many times  it is too late.

Hi,

So during the past two months I have gone from 2MG klonoping each day to 1,50MG. I have been on 1,5 MG/day for 10 days now and I am feeling great. So great that I am thinking about my next cut.

I do not want to get carried away (been there, done that), but I have monitored my symptoms very closely and the fact that I've had basically none at all so far I feel safe that I am ready for the next taper.

I have not started water titration, nor do I have a scale that can weigh the pills. So far I've broken the pills manually. If I do so now, the drop would be from 1,5MG to 1,25MG - 16,6%.

I am very tempted. My life is not stressful at the moment (timing seems right) and the lack of symptoms so far makes it tempting to take a leap. Is it to much of a cut? Would you rather start the water titration procedure now (that is the method I have to go to sooner or later)

Thank you

I have come from 5mg to 2mg since February of this year. At 2mg in July I felt REALLY good. I was like you, looking forward to seeing my shrink September 13th and cutting again because my symptoms were really nothing at all. I am grateful now my doctor said to hold.

At first I was like "aww man.." but now in October a 3 month hold at 2mg I am suddenly hit with some really weird withdraws. Dizziness so bad that put me in the ER. My anxiety has increased with palps in the last week. I had this horrible inner restlessness for about a week on October 1st.

I still am a very active person. I am determined like you. But this weird "wave" from left field hit me 3 months into holding at 2mg.

My suggestion would be to tread lightly. Some of my withdraw symptoms have been consistent and I have adapted, but just a week or two ago I was body slammed and sitting on my couch for 6 days because of the weitd benzo withdraw symptoms.

So be careful. It's not a race. EVERYONE on here knows what it feels like to Want to be off this drug.

And then there's the individual process...Everyone is different. But just on what I've experienced (this strange late onset of symptoms) I caution you to cut smaller or hold another 14 days.

Best of luck!

Thank you guys for great advice. I have not made any changes yet. I told my self if I felt good on monday (always been a bad day for me) I would think about the next step. It is monday, I feel great! I have decided that 16 % is to much. It could work, but as you all point out whether I finish this in 6 months or 16 does not matter. As long as there is progression. I will opt for 10 % using a file or something similar. 

It's scary but humbling to hear about the experiences going from feeling great and suddenly having awful symptoms (with no reduction). I will definately keep that in mind. I know all to well how they feel so at least I am not expecting a smooth ride. I can relate to what Jack37 says. That when unbearable symptoms arrive it might be to late and even updosing won't stabilise it. Funny thing is that I almost want first symptoms to arrive to feel that I am fighting...That is the competitiveness in me. I like to push myself. I have to alter that mindset I think for this marathon.

Filing the tablet seems like a good idea. I have not been to keen on spending a lot of time making solutions and so on.

Once again, thank you all! I feel that this forum will become a great tool for me during the coming X months/years before.

Hi,

Thank you

I have come from 5mg to 2mg since February of this year. At 2mg in July I felt REALLY good. I was like you, looking forward to seeing my shrink September 13th and cutting again because my symptoms were really nothing at all. I am grateful now my doctor said to hold.

At first I was like "aww man.." but now in October a 3 month hold at 2mg I am suddenly hit with some really weird withdraws. Dizziness so bad that put me in the ER. My anxiety has increased with palps in the last week. I had this horrible inner restlessness for about a week on October 1st.

I still am a very active person. I am determined like you. But this weird "wave" from left field hit me 3 months into holding at 2mg.

My suggestion would be to tread lightly. Some of my withdraw symptoms have been consistent and I have adapted, but just a week or two ago I was body slammed and sitting on my couch for 6 days because of the weitd benzo withdraw symptoms.

So be careful. It's not a race. EVERYONE on here knows what it feels like to Want to be off this drug.

And then there's the individual process...Everyone is different. But just on what I've experienced (this strange late onset of symptoms) I caution you to cut smaller or hold another 14 days.

Best of luck!

What she and pianogirl said. I was on klonopin and agree with them 💯 %.. be careful. All you have is time. Sometimes these drugs come back to bite you in the a*s.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for great advice. I have not made any changes yet. I told my self if I felt good on monday (always been a bad day for me) I would think about the next step. It is monday, I feel great! I have decided that 16 % is to much. It could work, but as you all point out whether I finish this in 6 months or 16 does not matter. As long as there is progression. I will opt for 10 % using a file or something similar. 

It's scary but humbling to hear about the experiences going from feeling great and suddenly having awful symptoms (with no reduction). I will definately keep that in mind. I know all to well how they feel so at least I am not expecting a smooth ride. I can relate to what Jack37 says. That when unbearable symptoms arrive it might be to late and even updosing won't stabilise it. Funny thing is that I almost want first symptoms to arrive to feel that I am fighting...That is the competitiveness in me. I like to push myself. I have to alter that mindset I think for this marathon.

Filing the tablet seems like a good idea. I have not been to keen on spending a lot of time making solutions and so on.

Once again, thank you all! I feel that this forum will become a great tool for me during the coming X months/years before.

Why not just file a little bit off each day and reduce 10% over a couple of weeks. Look in my signature. I've been shaving pills since last December at a 15% per month reduction and it's been a great experience so far. Why take steps down when you can walk down a ramp?