Can we get windows during taper?

[Ha...]

Not really sure about this, but can we get windows during taper? Or is this just times the benzos are working and not actually a window?

<3

I had a three day window a few weeks ago. Could have been a window in my Fibromyalgia - that happens too! But I have kind of a daily window: morning is mostly bad, things get a little better in the afternoon and evenings are mostly "fine". Someone told me it has to do with Cortisol levels being the highest in the mornings. Hope you have a window soon. Stay strong!

Absolutely. I had times during my taper where I felt pretty much normal. I did a DLMT and would makes daily cuts with no ill effects, then it would catch up with me and I would hold for a week or two until I started feeling better. I had weeks at a time during my taper that I felt fine. They would eventually be followed by down times and increased symptoms. So, yes, I believe I had windows and waves throughout my taper. Im 11 months out now and feel much better, especially emotionally. I still have some physical symptoms that keep popping up, but overall Im feeling much better.

I had a 3 week window after holding for cataract surgery.  I was so shocked, it took me a couple days to notice.  I guess my attention was on my eye .  But, I believe definitely in windows, but you have to have your meds and timing just right, something that isn't really easy.  Hope you experience one soon.  Mary 💜

Windows are real, I think they are due to our systems temporarily balancing prior to our next reduction.

For me, they are a reminder of what I have to look forward to in the future and are VERY reassuring.  They make me feel so much better mentally and emotionally that I believe I become more resilient.  And I do better all around.  I began to experience them as I got toward the end of my taper (I'm 90% there).  I credit the windows with things going more smoothly the lower I get.  We know we can feel good!

I hope this helps you.  I say: when you feel good, don't question it (unless you've accidentally up-dosed).  Keep going, and yes, enjoy the windows!