Has anyone tried Modafinil - Limitless Drug - The Science - May Help Us

[re...]

Has anyone beside me tried Modafnil to clear brain fog and boost your brain cognition. I had sleep apnea and was prescribed this a while back because I was so sleepy during the day. This drug is used by fighter pilots on long flights, used for work shift sleep disorders, sleep apnea and jet lag. I found my RX last week with a few pills left in my rx. I had gotten a CPAP since then and I know now was sleep apnea was caused by my benzo and ambien use disrupting my rem sleep. The movie Limitless was loosely based on this drug.

So I have been having a tough go of it for over 14 months since I started this. I'm 100 days free after a year of tapering. I have been bed ridden most of the time but I have taken 1/2 of a 200 mg tablet now on two occasions and both times  the brain fog lifted and my mental energy comes back and I can function and get life stuff done. I have terrible and I mean god awful unbelievable mind bending tinnitus since the VA had me do the rapid taper and I collapsed 40 days later. This also seems to push the tinnitus to the back of my brain so I can function as well. My RX has one pill left. :(

Anyone else try this?

The science. It seems this is not a gaba antognist as this decreases gaba.

The effect of modafinil on endogenous gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA a) release in the medial preoptic area (MPA) and posterior hypothalamus (PH) and the role of local 5-HT3 receptors in this effect was investigated in the awake rat using in vivo microdialysis. Modafinil (30-100 mg/kg i.p.) dose-dependently decreased GABA release from the MPA, while only the 100 mg/kg dose markedly reduced GABA release in the PH. The modafinil (100 mg/kg) induced inhibition of GABA release in the MPA and the PH was partially counteracted by the 5-HT3 receptor antagonist MDL72222 (1 microM) when perfused locally alone or together with the non-selective 5-HT receptor antagonist methysergide (1 microM). Thus, the reduction of GABA transmission induced by modafinil in the MPA and in the PH, at least in part, involves local 5-HT3 receptors. The GABA release inhibition by modafinil in the above areas may be relevant for its vigilance promoting action.

i took provigil in 2009 according to my hx in my drug signature. only for a few months. it's basically a stay awake energy drug, a "non stimulant" stimulant. not as rough on my tummy and teeth as adderall was, but still a stimulant. with CNS overstimulation already going on, i don't need any more stimulants of any kind.

don't reccomend it. but then, i don't reccomend any drugs.

Phenylpiracetam is a better choice I think for ocassional use. It's like modafinil lite.

they had astronauts use it to keep em awake in space. i guess if it's provigil/modafinil "lite", then modafinil is adderall "lite. anyways, all nootropics, all stimulants. to an overstimulated CNS, as occurs in benxo users esp. in w'd, adding more stimulants is usually like adding fuel to a fire. too much glutamate activation, add more stimulant = even more stimulated/overstimulation.  seems kinda overkill.