Gabapentin ok, then with Klon, Pain?

[Qu...]

So to start my taper my newest doc told me to take 300mgs of gabapentin with whatever dose I found the most difficult (I dose four times a day, .75mg K, 3mgs total). I took the gabapentin and actually felt less restless, less pain. Then I took the klonopin which I 've bene have having so much trouble with since I reinstated. After about 30 minutes I feel double the usual body pain, soreness, and just all around bad. I've used gabapentin during my first taper with no trouble. I'm confused. Does this mean it's potentiating the K, showing that it's turned paradoxical on me? Any advice is appreciated. thanks

quiet

:)

Hello,

I'm no expert, but the Gaba and Klonopin both use same brain transmitters.  I believe the Gaba will work just right for you when you complete your taper with the Benzo. 

It took me almost 2 yrs to complete my taper.  After suffering with extreme anxiety for a year, the Dr tried the Gabapentin and it worked like magic for my anxiety and back problems.  I was just on a very small amt of K at the time, and totally off the K in August.

Wish you the best

Wolfie