Rage! Irritability! Anyone else?

[Jo...]

Hi BB: I feel like my taper has been going pretty well. Most of my physical symptoms have left (still have some dizziness and cortisol surges). But, I have been hit with unusual and atypical for me feelings of rage and irritability when interacting with family and friends. This is not how I was before my tolerance started; I was pretty laid back. It seems to come from incessant bad looping thoughts. I just can’t seem to escape as I hope it will just pass in time with healing.

Does anyone else have this?

Haven't gotten rage before, I have most definitely gotten ridiculously irritable though, I literally will catch myself wanting to blow up over absolutely nothing, like my dog will hear another dog and want to bark and I have a moment where I want to lose it on him, god knows why! I am not a violent person at all and I am usually so calm, then when I catch myself doing this I become super upset because I love my doggo so much and he hasn't done anything wrong. Sometimes I think it stems from anxiety which fires up the adrenaline, I've really tried to make myself more aware of when I first notice anxiety, if I don't talk myself down fast it can spiral into tons of different directions of exacerbated symptoms.

You are not alone with feeling irritable though. I hope it passes for you quickly. Every symptom is horrid in its own way.

Irritability has been one of my worst symptoms. I feel like I can't escape it when it's really bad. I can't enjoy anything. I think of that line from Fight Club, "I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke."