Help, I may be in tolerance withdrawal

[be...]

[be...]

Hello,

Feeling horrible and didn’t know whether I was from Mirtazapine withdrawal in June or hyper thyroid.  Now, I a wondering if it is tolerance withdrawal from .5 Klonopin taken for 20 years (at times varying doses). Also taking 7.5 mgs. Ambien since being diagnosed with hyper thyroid 4 months ago.  Symptoms are high anxiety, vibratory feelings in legs, numbness/burning feet and more.  What do I do if I am i withdrawal?  Hospital?  Thank you!

my heart is full of compassion with you.  I was in similar situation, and was hospitalized several times.  There doctors knew nothing about withdrawing, they just gave me more medicines and let me stop cold turkey.  I fled home and tapered down slowly, now I'm in my 7th week of benzo free and I start getting my life back.  Have has lots of muscle pain like you know.  don't lose courage, this will get over, one must be patient.  Inform yourself well how to taper off properly, slowly

wish you all the best

[be...]
Thank you for message.  Just came from another doctor who said absolutely this is all thyroid.  How do I know if it is withdrawal or thyroid?  I am so frustrated. . .

It can be both. Benzo withdrawal causes real problems. You can’t just ignore the problems because they are caused by benzo withdrawal. For example, benzo withdrawal causes high blood pressure. I have always had perfect blood pressure. But during acute my blood pressure would be 180/100. Yes, it was just withdrawal but my heart and brain don’t care. I can still have a heart attack or stroke. So my doc gave me beta blockers. You have to take care of yourself. You may have thyroid dysfunction caused by benzos. That does not mean it doesn’t need treatment. If I were you I would slowly taper that benzo. They are bad news. I would also take care of myself while I do. One recommendation, ALWAYS ask the members here before you take anything your doctor prescribes. There are things you can not take during benzo tolerance and withdrawal that would shock you. Many antibiotics for example. And doctors have no knowledge of this whatsoever. The doctor would not recognize benzo withdrawal if they themselves were in it. So take his/her doubt with a grain of salt.

[be...]
Tapered ambien to about 7.5.  Endo is afraid of changing anything chemically right now because she wants to get those levels straightened out.  I had my thyroid removed due to benign nodules, so it is very important that I get the correct dose of hormone.  But this ignorance on the part of the medical community is very upsetting.  What are you tapering?  Is it manageable?  Hope to be feeling better so it makes it easier.  Thank you for your support.

Actually, this is a misconception. You do not need a doctor willing to help you taper. I tapered xanax/ativan against my psych’s wishes. I did it on my own. All you need is for them to continue to prescribe the drug as they have been doing and not cut you off before you are ready. You can learn how to do a liquid titration on your own. I did it. Many of us here did. Remember, this is your body and your mind. You should take your doctor’s advice just as you would take anyones. Your doctors advice is one thing but the decision is yours. You have the right to do what you feel is best for you. It is your body and your mind and your suffering.

EDIT: That doctor comment I made was in reference to mixing the drug and coming off at your own speed. I meant you don’t need either their help or permission. However, I want to stress that I saw my primary care physician every 14 days like clockwork during my taper and for a little while after jumping. This was to ensure that no dangerous changes were happening in my body during the acute phase of withdrawal. At one point I had to take beta blockers because my BP was going so high. I would not have known this if I hadn’t taken this precaution. On numerous occasions he referred me to gastroenterologists and cardiologists to rule out stuff. Benzo withdrawal can cause dangerous symptoms so I am not advocating not going to the doctor. It’s a necessity. Just don’t expect them to understand. It almost felt like I was the one consoling the doctors sometimes. Doc: I don’t see any reason why you keep having these palpitations and blood pressure spikes. Me: I am pretty sure it’s just withdrawal from Xanax doc. Doc: I don’t know. It’s very strange. Me: It’s okay doc. i’ll be okay. Just give me the beta blockers. I shouldn’t need them too long. It’s the Xanax. It’ll pass sooner of later.

Lol, that was a pretty typical doctor visit right there. They just don’t get any training on benzos. They’re just clueless on this particular issue.

The more I read the more I learn the more afraid and concerned I am. Concerning blood pressure, aren’t there any symptoms/warning sign you would see on your own?

Personally I could not feel it when I had high blood pressure. I bought a home blood pressure machine and I check twice daily. I stopped for a while when my symptoms were low. Now that I am tapering Remeron I am checking it again. I don’t really check it when I am stable, but I check it when I am cutting. It gives me peace of mind. I am sorry if I scared you. I know this whole thing is very scary. Being proactive about these things makes it less scary to me. I have become more in tune with my body. I couldn’t have done so before but I think I am learning to feel my BP increases because I am not surprised when I get high readings anymore. I kind of feel it beforehand. I don’t think I could put it into words though.

It can be both. Benzo withdrawal causes real problems. You can’t just ignore the problems because they are caused by benzo withdrawal. For example, benzo withdrawal causes high blood pressure. I have always had perfect blood pressure. But during acute my blood pressure would be 180/100. Yes, it was just withdrawal but my heart and brain don’t care. I can still have a heart attack or stroke. So my doc gave me beta blockers. You have to take care of yourself. You may have thyroid dysfunction caused by benzos. That does not mean it doesn’t need treatment. If I were you I would slowly taper that benzo. They are bad news. I would also take care of myself while I do. One recommendation, ALWAYS ask the members here before you take anything your doctor prescribes. There are things you can not take during benzo tolerance and withdrawal that would shock you. Many antibiotics for example. And doctors have no knowledge of this whatsoever. The doctor would not recognize benzo withdrawal if they themselves were in it. So take his/her doubt with a grain of salt.

You got that right!

I went to the hospital last week for severe dizziness (I know it was the benzo) my BP was 170/70. The ER doc wanted to give me Valium (Even in a sweat and shaking I could utter the words NO BENZOS) so instead she wrote a script for Meclizine. I was on the bed and asked the Doc "Is there ANY chance this is habit forming?" She said "Oh no, it's an antihistamine" I got on my phone while waiting to be discharge and it said "This drug can be abused for it's sedating effects"

GOSH DANGGIT! When that doctor came back in I gave her a mouthful. I said "no need for a script". My dizziness was still there but I was better and got the heck out of there.

These doctors have NO CLUE!

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes if your heart feels “different or funny” check your pulse and bp. My vitals can be perfect one minute and high the next. Often when I manifest lots of symptoms the heart vitals are high. Just know if you do take a beta blocker than you may complicate your benzo withdrawal when you wean off the beta blocker. That just happened to me. Had a month long set back. I don’t know which is worse. I wish I had only taken the beta blocker randomly and not daily. Just my thoughts. The less drugs the better. Let you body reset on its own.

[be...]

Sometimes if your heart feels “different or funny” check your pulse and bp. My vitals can be perfect one minute and high the next. Often when I manifest lots of symptoms the heart vitals are high. Just know if you do take a beta blocker than you may complicate your benzo withdrawal when you wean off the beta blocker. That just happened to me. Had a month long set back. I don’t know which is worse. I wish I had only taken the beta blocker randomly and not daily. Just my thoughts. The less drugs the better. Let you body reset on its own.

I feel like I am in withdrawal right now and really need it.  Plus my thyroid ha been on hyper side.  Thank you for your response.