Help! I updosed by 2.5mg tonight!

[Cr...]

Hi guys,

I updosed by 2.5mg tonight as I had all over body shakes (again!) at 4.8mg.

Should I go back to my current taper of 4.8mg, or stabilise at this new dose (7.5mg) and then taper from that?

Bare in mind, this is the first night I've felt like having another 1/2 a tablet.

I am waiting on an order of Propylene Glycol so I can do a proper liquid taper.

I used whole milk until then, but I find milk really doesn't work that well.

So what do I do?

Dave.  :'(

Dave, that question is for you to answer, imo, you can go back to your normal dose now, if you are feeling okay.  Only stay at that higher dose if you feel you really need it.  That's a lot extra to have to taper if you don't.  You might also, come back down 1.25 today , and then 1.25 tomorrow, that way you are giving your system a break but going back to your normal dose.  So you have some options.

Only your symptoms can guide you, but you can come back down, wish you luck.  Let us know what you decide and how you are.  Mary 💜

Dave, that question is for you to answer, imo, you can go back to your normal dose now, if you are feeling okay.  Only stay at that higher dose if you feel you really need it.  That's a lot extra to have to taper if you don't.  You might also, come back down 1.25 today , and then 1.25 tomorrow, that way you are giving your system a break but going back to your normal dose.  So you have some options.

Only your symptoms can guide you, but you can come back down, wish you luck.  Let us know what you decide and how you are.  Mary 💜

Hi Mary,

I will do as you suggested - come down 1.25mg of Valium tomorrow, and then 1.25mg the following day and resume my taper again at the 5mg, but at 3%/14 days instead of 4%. I think I'm tapering too quickly.

I'll use Propylene Glycol as the solvent. My order of Propylene Glycol should come here tomorrow.

I tried zero-alcohol mouthwash before as a solvent, and although its definitely not recommended, it dissolved my Valium as it had PG in it.

Dave.  8)

Hi Mary,

I will do as you suggested - come down 1.25mg of Valium tomorrow, and then 1.25mg the following day and resume my taper again at the 5mg, but at 3%/14 days instead of 4%. I think I'm tapering too quickly.

I'll use Propylene Glycol as the solvent. My order of Propylene Glycol should come here tomorrow.

I tried zero-alcohol mouthwash before as a solvent, and although its definitely not recommended, it dissolved my Valium as it had PG in it.

Dave.  8)

Good plan, Dave, keep us posted and wishing you lots of luck!!  Mary 🍀🍀

Hi Mary,

Dave.  8)

Hi Mary,

Today, I managed to go back to my 2.5mg timed doses at 10:30am and 6:30pm. I don't think I stabilised properly, plus I was drinking coffee (has to be decaf now).

At 2:30pm, I sweated a LOT and did have some pill cravings, but they went away in an hour.

I walked 6245 steps today, as I put my car in for a service.  :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of reducing my morning dose first, as this is how Dr. Peter Breggin weaned a client of his off 4mg Clonazepam (Klonopin). He reduced the evening dose last, because benzos have the sedative-hypnotic effect.

I was weaning the opposite way. Maybe stabilising on 5mg for 2 weeks from this updose is a way to go, and then reduce the morning dose first, rather than the evening dose.

My Propylene Glycol hasn't arrived just yet  :tickedoff: but I can't wait to get stuck in to using it for my (hopefully much smoother) taper.

Dave.  8)

Hi Mary,

Dave.  8)

Hi Mary,

Today, I managed to go back to my 2.5mg timed doses at 10:30am and 6:30pm. I don't think I stabilised properly, plus I was drinking coffee (has to be decaf now).

At 2:30pm, I sweated a LOT and did have some pill cravings, but they went away in an hour.

I walked 6245 steps today, as I put my car in for a service.  :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of reducing my morning dose first, as this is how Dr. Peter Breggin weaned a client of his off 4mg Clonazepam (Klonopin). He reduced the evening dose last, because benzos have the sedative-hypnotic effect.

I was weaning the opposite way. Maybe stabilising on 5mg for 2 weeks from this updose is a way to go, and then reduce the morning dose first, rather than the evening dose.

My Propylene Glycol hasn't arrived just yet  :tickedoff: but I can't wait to get stuck in to using it for my (hopefully much smoother) taper.

Dave.  8)

Great job on all the steps  ;).  Remember, when tapering, slow and steady wins the horrible race.

Keep me posted on how you are doing  ;D.  Mary 💜

Can you elaborate what was wrong with the milk taper i tried pg and my stomach doesnt like it so i was planning to try whole milk

Hi Jondoe,

I feel as though milk doesn't really dissolve the Valium all that well, and a lot of residue is left behind in the jars so you don't end up getting your full dose. I'm just trying Propylene Glycol to see how it goes.

Dave.  8)

Please be so careful updosing, it made me so much worse.

So pleased to read you have come back down again, these drugs are so harmful :(

Hi Tweed8,

This is the first time I have updosed in a long time, and I never went past 7.5mg. I felt awful the next day, so I'm not doing it again. I think my 4% micro-taper was too quick. I don't think I stabilised at 5mg properly. I had body shivers all over, and could barely stand up.

I might go a 3% taper instead with PG.

Dave.

P.S. Mary, how long do you recommend to stabilise on 5mg for? 2 weeks? A month?

Jondoe,  I was doing a liquid micro taper with Vodka, but my stomach and intestines didn't agree at all! Now I was hoping to get better results using PG.  You say you had stomach issues with that. Makes me unsure what to do. Probably best to keep dry tapering? 

Hi Tweed8,

This is the first time I have updosed in a long time, and I never went past 7.5mg. I felt awful the next day, so I'm not doing it again. I think my 4% micro-taper was too quick. I don't think I stabilised at 5mg properly. I had body shivers all over, and could barely stand up.

Dave.

IMO, I would start out with a month, if you do really well that month, cut it back to 3 weeks, always paying attention to those symptoms.  You can back into your speed going slowly.  Always better to be going too slow than 2 fast.  I have used 100% whole milk for awhile now but am just starting to switch over to liquid.  If the PG works better for you, that's fine.  Good luck  ;). Again, keep me posted.  Mary 💜

Jondoe,  I was doing a liquid micro taper with Vodka, but my stomach and intestines didn't agree at all! Now I was hoping to get better results using PG.  You say you had stomach issues with that. Makes me unsure what to do. Probably best to keep dry tapering?

It was horrible ifelt sick with pg i dont know maybe iam sensitive to this substance plus it took the pill alot of time to dissolve i tried milk just for the test and after 20 minutes the pill dissolved so iam leaning towards whole milk this is so frustrating all this trial and error is enough to my poor cns to lose the little stability i have gained

Hi and thanks for checking in.  I am tapering as well.  I'm now down to 5mg Valium and recently cut too fast down to 3mg.  I temporarily, in desperation, went back up to 7.5 as well.  I am back down to 5mgs after a week, and still trembling, and with other sx much of the day.  My return to 5mg provoked big withdrawal sx.  Even tho I know we are all different, I am so glad to have a person whose taper mirrors mine.  I was going to cut to 4.5mg for a bit.  I am just learning now about micro tapering with fluid.  5mg to 4.5mg is a 10% reduction!  I'm not sure I could wrap my mind around what 3% would look like.  I am using a pill cutter (very sloppy) on 5 mg valium tablets.    You have given me lots to think about.  I may make an appointment with my pharmacist to see if I can slow this taper down.    I will be hoping for your progress posts!  Thanks so much!

Hi Tweed8,

Dave.

Sorry it just triggers me when I read about people updosing because of how sick it made me, a trauma response I think.

Hi Tweed8,

I should not have updosed by that much. I'm going to try a slower taper. I know that I went miles too fast now.

Dave.  8)