Feeling Better - How come?

[No...]

Hey Everyone,

I am actually down from 1.5 mg of Klonopin 2x day

to .5 mg once a day. I don’t feel as depressed

and anxiety feels a little better.  Why do you think

this is?  Is this normal?

Any input appreciated.

Sure it is possible. Everyone’s body is different and some people have fewer withdrawal symptoms. I jumped off klonopin last week and had some really bad days however yesterday I felt relatively normal with no withdrawal symptoms other than insomnia.

It sounds to me you had side effects or toxicity or even paradoxical effects at higher dose. It's a good sign that you are feeling better after dose reduction which neans you are not having bad wd so far.

Without knowing how long ago you cut the dose and the taper schedule, hope that's your case indeed. Some ppl have delayed wd though. I always feel better the day after cutting, but the next day we would ramp up in a big way.

Hey Everyone,

Any input appreciated.

One of the side effects of Klonipin is depression along with many others.  I too am hoping that as I get lower the mental symptoms will get better. 

It would be helpful to see your med signature. 

Hey Everyone,

Any input appreciated.

Because you're taking 25% less of a depressant drug, that's why.  Yes, normal.

Within just a few weeks of my taper, there were significant improvements in mood, energy, attitude, and the remission of some physical sxs that were obviously result of depression (that I didn't even realize I had)

Benzos disrupt the balance of everything and are known to have changing effects over time.  Taking less of such a drug can indeed make us feel better.  I do agree that if this was a rapid taper or cold turkey, the positive effects may be temporary.

Hope things continue to go well.   

Hey Everyone,

Any input appreciated.

Good for you. I hope it lasts. How long have you been feeling like this? .5 mgs of K is still a pretty hefty dose. When is your next cut planned?

Well had a very stressful week....  withdrawal has set in.  Feeling very depressed now.  Is this typical for Klonopin Withdrawal?  Holding at .50

Well had a very stressful week....  withdrawal has set in.  Feeling very depressed now.  Is this typical for Klonopin Withdrawal?  Holding at .50

From my experience it's very normal for benzo withdrawal.  When I tapered my other non benzos, I would have very specific patterns where I would cut, feel icky and then stable.

With benzos, at least for me, it has been much more up and down.  Lots of blah day, some windows and then days of depression and grief.  I'm not exactly sure why but I know many people here speak of the up and down path of withdrawal and healing around benzos.