Help with Continuation of Dry Micro Taper of Clonazepam currently at 0.02971 mg)

[He...]

I really need some help/guidance now.  I am tapering clonazepam since 12/23/18 and I am currently down to 0.02971 mg by my calculation.  I started seriously tapering after looking at the Ashton manual and began on 12/23/18 at 0.25 mg and it has taken me 290 days to get to this point.  I actually was taking 0.50 mg in Sept 2018 for insomnia but I quickly cut it back to .25 mg by about mid October (by going to 3/4 of a .50 mg tablet to 1/2 of a .50 mg tablet.  I have some physical challenges that make the taper more challenging so I am not doing a liquid taper with alcohol or other additive.  I am doing a dry micro taper of clonazepam powder.

In the past thirty day period through 10/6/18,  I reduced 16.43% from the previous month.  I think I have come down too quickly and so I am going to hold because I am having lots of anxiety.  I had been coming down slower earlier in the taper because I was also weaning from some supplements that had Gabaergic herbs such as chamomile, valerian, passion flower, and others. 

I have been holding for the past two nights.  I am using a special balance scale that weighs in hundredths of a mg because the Omni scale became unreliable and has a 5 mg margin of error.  Since clonazepam is so concentrated I couldn't continue to work with it because it was not accurate enough.  I am looking for someone who can help me with a taper schedule that I could follow so that I can successfully taper.  Thank you for your help. 

Hi Breck135,  I have seen the jump dose for clonazepam/klonopin at 0.0250 mg or 0.0125 mg.  I would like to end this but I don't feel  I am ready now  I need help in completing the taper and i am looking for assistance in getting a safe taper schedule using powder and weighing it.  I am at about an 88% reduction.  I have seen that going to 90% (0.0250 mg) or 95% (0.0125) or even 97% works for folks.  I don't want to jump before I am ready physically.  I don't think I am there yet.

Hello Healing Steps,

You indicated a 16% reduction the previous month. That might be the reason for the increase of anxiety. I think holding for a short period of time is fine, until you feel ready to move forward.

You really are almost there!

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you Pianogirl.  I think I was coming down too quickly the past 5-6 weeks and it is catching up with me.  I never had a taper schedule per say and just reduced every night and tried to keep up with the Ashton manual  In the beginning it was easier to reduce but as the taper went on, the cuts become a larger percentage of the whole.  I really am not sure if I am plugging in the right information into a Benzodiazepene Direct Taper Plan.

This is what I plugged in:  Clonazepam, tablet size 172 mg weight of ten tablets 1720.  Planned quit dose 0.025 mg per day suggested quit dose .025 mg/day.  Daily dose (my current dose) 0.02971 (once at night).  Planned start date (tentative) 10/10/19.  Reduction percent (N/A) Reduction quantity 0.00149 mg, period 14 day reduction order: across doses, attenuated ending: yes

I will hold for a little while but I want to proceed in a safe fashion.  Some people that I know from other forums have gone down lower than the 0.0250 jump dose for clonazepam.  I just want to be safe and try and be as symptom free as possible.  Thanks so much for your help. 

Hi Breck135,  I have seen the jump dose for clonazepam/klonopin at 0.0250 mg or 0.0125 mg.  I would like to end this but I don't feel  I am ready now  I need help in completing the taper and i am looking for assistance in getting a safe taper schedule using powder and weighing it.  I am at about an 88% reduction.  I have seen that going to 90% (0.0250 mg) or 95% (0.0125) or even 97% works for folks.  I don't want to jump before I am ready physically.  I don't think I am there yet.

For accuracy the only method I'm aware is liquid.  As you, I'm not there yet.  Based on your wise thought process,  I'm confident that you'll do what is right for you.  :thumbsup: