Tapering off 10 mg diazepam

[Bi...]

Hello, I'm currently taking 2mg in the am, 2mg mid day and 6 mg at bed time....10 mg a day.  I want to drop to 8 mg.  2-2-4.  I plan on slowing my taper when I get down to 6mg.  I have tapered off of high doses before and my biggest side effect is sleeplessness,  or trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.  Do you think I am tapering too fast?  I was going to stay at 8 mg for 4 weeks before dropping to 6, then 4 weeks before next drop.  Am I on the right track?

Yes. A 20% cut is far too much in my opinion. Especially since you’re not at a really high dose. For me since I was a long term high dose user, at that stage I dropped only .25 mg per week.

Hi.  I too am tapering off 10 mg of Valium but have done it by dry cutting at 10% every two weeks and that was too much for me so we went to 5% every two weeks.  Now I’m at 5mg and have been on a long hold (life stressors a big reason. For long hold).  I have appointment with psych on the 21st and gonna ask her about moving forward on taper to 4.5 mg which is 5% cut.  For me I have to go slow.  With my life stressors and body sensitivity to drugs I can’t go faster.  But I want to get off this poison.  It’s not even working for me like it used to; tolerance.  So what’s the point I feel.  Either way I feel like shit so I want to get off.  But 5% every two weeks and for me maybe even longer helps more than a big %.