Author Topic: Good enough...a success story.  (Read 486 times)

[Buddie]

Good enough...a success story.
« on: October 08, 2019, 04:32:06 am »
It's been just over 6 years since  my taper ended and quite some time since I was last here.  I came back today after watching the Lisa Ling special.  Watching the show brought my memories back to the very long time when I felt imprisoned by benzos, both in taking and tapering.  What struck me as most interesting about that is the realization that I had mostly forgotten the experience.  I spent a good few years here, daily, just trying to survive.  Not only was I in significant distress, I was also incredibly angry and I honestly never  thought there would be a time that I wasn't constantly experiencing withdrawal. 

I've spent the last day assessing where I was then to where I am now.  I realized that I'm far better then I ever imagined that I would or could be.  I have moved on with my life and am able to experience joy and have the ability to relax.  Both of which I never expected to get to feel again.  There are enduring issues, mostly an intolerance to stress, which begins a cascade of symptoms, so I cannot claim that everything is back to what it was like prior to benzos. But I can tolerate far more stress than I could back then.   I do have to monitor my stress levels and set boundaries and  I'm not always successful, but even when things start to get tough if  i recognized what's going on I am able to calm things far more easily and quickly. 

I would have loved to come back and to say I was 100%. I may not be, but there is a huge difference from then to now.  To me it says a lot that it wasn't until I saw Lisa Lings show on benzo withdrawal did I realize it's been a very long time since I thought about my own withdrawal.   

When it's all said and done, my life really is good again.  So it does happen.   :smitten:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:40:31 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Good enough...a success story.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 05:22:30 am »
Thank you for coming back and sharing your success story. Iím 56 months off and stress is a huge trigger for me as well. Hoping it improves as time passes.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 06:45:00 am »
[...], it sounds like you are in a good place. I am so happy for how far you've come, and grateful for your post. I believe it will get better and better for you.

Wishing you wellness and a beautiful life.

Warmest thanks,
Wildflower
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:44:12 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »
WWW....so good to see you here again...I thought often about you.

Congratulations and thanks for coming back.....all the best.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 01:37:47 pm »
Wonderful to read this, [...].  Iím a bit ahead of you at 7+ years and believe youíll still see improvement in stress tolerance for a few years more. Happy to see that you donít think about your withdrawal and recovery anymore. Truly a sign youíve moved on.
[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 02:01:33 pm »
Great News [...] 

I am so happy, i have often thought of you. Thank you for coming back and posting, its wonderful to hear that you are getting on with your life.

Best wishes

[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 02:34:18 pm »
So encouraging, really pleased that you can get on with your life and hope things continue to improve. Thank you for coming back to share

:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 02:52:24 pm »
Dear [...],
   Lovely to read your words of healing! I've wondered how you are. It is a gift to read of your wellness [...]. Thank you for returning to share this good news. 💛

With gratitude,

[...]