Collagen loss or skin/muscle depletion?

[de...]

This weird thing has been happening about once a week or so ever since jumping off years ago.

I know I have pretty significant adrenal fatigue as do most of us, but when the fatigue is at its worse, or if I did something to cause myself to be extra fatigued (excess exercise or exposure to excess stress), my skin in my face, neck, and pretty much my whole body gets really loose and depleted. Now it doesn't feel like total loss of muscle or collagen, because after a couple days or more it will go back to normal and full/plump. Yes, I do have bad circles under my eyes and they're kind of hollowed out most of the time, but this is besides that. It's like the water or something just gets sucked out of my skin and muscles in the affected areas. My neck acutely looks skinnier and you can touch and feel the boney-ness of it. If I bend my neck over to create some double chin like effect, it's smaller and thinner folds - indicating lack of water or blood.

I'm kind of having a hard time describing this. My face looks extra, extra, droopy when this occurs. Very saggy looking. But then again a few days later the skin retracts back and looks full again.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be talking about? Anything sound similar to anything someone has experienced as well?

I get something similar, but just when I don't sleep. My face is just hanging off my head. Sleep, hydration, and a hot shower and it seems better.

This is very heartbreaking it that still happens after years free from these poisons.

I'm still in acute, the extreme skin and muscle degenerating occurred to me ever since tapering and now at its worst so far

This is very heartbreaking it that still happens after years free from these poisons.

I'm still in acute, the extreme skin and muscle degenerating occurred to me ever since tapering and now at its worst so far

Yup. Was only on benzos for a year and have been off for four this month. Many of the symptoms are back, not all, but most. Not sure what triggered a bunch to come back, but it's disturbing me and messing with me mentally.

Yes dame here. At times my skin is a leathery mess and sometimes it seems more plump.  I have no idea the rhyme or reason. Feels like I ruined my looks forever:-(

My skin looks horrible! My legs are so dry and leathery, just like crepe paper. I am 64 now, but I started noticing changes in my skin and muscle tone at around 50 - and I have always exercised.

NONE of my friends have skin like mine - and some of them are older than I am. It never occurred to me that this could be from years of Klonopin (.50 mg for 24 years). Is there any chance my skin and muscle tone will rejuvenate to any degree once I am off of this or is this it?  I have a fair complexion and my dad also had creepy skin - but I think mine is worse than his was.

Ugh.

Oh ya....During acute or first 4 months of w/d, I could not recognize myself.  Some of this was dp/dr but my skin took a hit.  So did my muscle tone.  Muscle wasting and sagging skin.  Was a bag of saggy bones.  At about month 6, this drastically improved.  Skin plumped up, muscles started working again.

I am starting month 11.  When I don't sleep or suffer a big wave, I put on 10 years again.  The good news is, If I eat well and hydrate, my skin comes back within a week or less.  I am up against age at 58.  Don't expect youthful skin, but the havoc benzos played was/is unbelievable.

Same here. So nice to read that someone knows what I feel having a look into the mirror...

I need to drink enough and I take a collagen powder for my osteoporosis, which seems to be quiet helpful for this weird symptom, too.

Oh, and I started to produce my own face creme with hyaluronic acid, which gives a lift as well.

And I started face gym exercises and roll with that japanese roller-thing over my face like a mad lady..

I am 38 years old.

I wonder how I will look with 48. Bnezos really robbed me 10 years.  :'(

Allof my outer muscles and skin have completely atrophied. It happened very quickly while I was still exercising.

All inner muscles where attach to bone have gone rigid and gripped on too tight and feel like gristle.

Allof my outer muscles and skin have completely atrophied. It happened very quickly while I was still exercising.

All inner muscles where attach to bone have gone rigid and gripped on too tight and feel like gristle.

I know I sound like a robot repeating myself over and over again, so do not be angry... are your mineral levels checked and okey so far? Checked in the full blood, not normal blood work?

I saw such a strong improvement when I finally had enough magnesium, calcium and so on in the blood. I had really bad lacks. And first I could not tolerate supplements..

And do you have any experience with things like L-Carnitine, Astaxantin etc.?

Will ask Dr.

Can’t take mag.

Used to take L Carbitine before WD along with rest of Dr Myhill’s ME/CFS protocol.

I can cope with the atrophy - it is the rigidity that is problem.

Will ask Dr.

Can’t take mag.

Used to take L Carbitine before WD along with rest of Dr Myhill’s ME/CFS protocol.

I can cope with the atrophy - it is the rigidity that is problem.

I understand. It can be difficult to find the own "protocol".. at least it is for me still. Silicon is quiet helpful as mineral for me regarding the fatigue of muscles and the growth of bone and muscle cells. It cannot be tested via blood, I just take it and it helps.

I only have fatigue from being back on Clonazepam. Before that spasticity made everything too strong.

So sorry that you feel so unwell :therethere: