3 months off Benzo . 2 weeks off Ambien

[re...]

I'm benzo free now for 3 months and 2 weeks off Ambien. I am completely drug free. No RX anymore. I jumped last year off a rapid taper of 4 weeks from 14 years of Xanax 1mg and it was an unmitigated disaster. VA doctor told me I was on a 'baby dose" and I would have no problem. I had a seizure 45 days later and became completely disabled. I was reinstated and began my own taper using a jeweler's scale and dry cut. No doctors as they seem to be completely out of their elements with these drugs and basically are useless or will do us more harm. Looking back on the VA doctor who did this to me I'm surprised there was some leeches or blood letting involved as they seem to know as much about benzos as they do witches. I'm better than I was in Feb of this year but I was close to death then. When I got into the rapid taper I got really really bad tinnitus and it has never gone away and is relentless 24/7. I cope with it today hoping it will go away or down the longer I heal.

Today I'm tired, tinnitus, fluish symptoms with some head pressure and nerve pain in hand and pelvic floor, but I'm way better than I was last Feb and May of this year. If I can get this tinnitus down I can get my life back. I know its not my hearing but my brain because I can feel it pulsing and the brain shocks that accompany it. And if I have 1 drink it goes way down, but I pay a price for that the next day. Pushing the rock forward every day.

You are so welcome here. This is a wonderful group of supportive people. We all help each other along this road to healing. Some members are still tapering. Others, like myself are newly off or on their way to recovery. I am so glad you came safely through such a terrible ordeal. I cannot imagine how much you have endured. That was a rapid taper for such long term use. I know you are far from where you want to be, but you will get there. Espy

Yep.. the VA is the worst about this.  My son suffered a brain injury in Afghanistan and a back in jury.  They dropped a dang building on him over there.  He's home.  He's dealing with it but the VA shoved tons of pills at him.  Benzos among them.  The very thing that would harm his brain.  Luckily, he refused the meds.  They have no idea how to help people other than throwing pills.  And yet, the one thing that has been proven to help our soldiers with things like PTSD is denied them.  Cannabis.

I'm so glad you have found your way off benzo, darlin'.

Grandma Libble

• 2 weeks later...