Aspirin

[92...]

[92...]

Does anyone know if aspirin affects healing?

I started to take it 5 weeks ago as part of my blood thinning regime and my sxs have been worse  ever since. I can't stop taking it as I've had a 2nd stroke due to bwd.

Any research out there? I'd appreciate any links.

I was prescribed aspirin for the first TIA I had. (Both TIAs were caused by drugs.) But I'm allergic to NSAIDS, and aspirin is part of the NSAIDS family.

I was put on Plavix, which is a blood thinner, after my second TIA, and I felt just HORRIBLE. I had to get off of that, too. I'm on no blood thinners now. I'm very sensitive to ALL pharma pills, and I wish I would have known that at the beginning when I started taking Aleve for back pain. :idiot: All I needed to do was exercise!!!

I hope you can get some relief, southern star!! :smitten:

I am supposed to take it for essential thrombocytosis but it is causing me horrible symptoms now.

I am goi g to try Serrapeptase instead but as everything g now causes me symptoms that probably will as well.

[92...]

Thanks Terry and Ajusta  for your input, i  have found a scholarly article which confirmed it inhibits gaba, my husband is not believing me, says the sxs are from the stroke or in my head is , i know they're not as i feel like I'm back to square one in acute and i didn't feel this way before i took it, stroke or not. Your experiences of feeling horrible on it have validated my own so really appreciate that. It's unbelievable how many meds affect us badly after benzos and Dr's just don't get it.

I'm going to stop taking it, I'm already on another big  blood thinner and the Dr that gave me the aspirin wasn't sure if i should have it, they're trying to avoid giving me warfarin  but i can't go on feeling so dreadful. I feel a bit better knowing its likely the aspirin, i honestly felt like i was going psychotic.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, southern star!! It seems that doctors so easily put people on pills that they have to be taken off of later because of deleterious effects, and IT'S NOT EASY for someone in the benzo mess.

Recently my doctor put me on Lasix. I'm very allergic to sulfa and sulfonamides, only I didn't realize that until very recently. I ended up getting a terrible rash and itching from it, high bp in getting off it. I can't take steroids or antihistamines, so I have to deal with this rash in a very slow way. 

I'm sorry for going on and on, but we have to be careful what we put in our mouths because doctors aren't mindful and don't understand benzo damage. It's utterly inconceivable to me that doctors have been so clueless for 60 YEARS. Luckily, some are waking up, finally!

[92...]
Terry i totally agree, i have multiple allergies to meds, including sulfa drugs, without adding the benzo issue, i have to see a new cardiologist this week and I'm just dreading it, when i tell any Dr that I've got benzo brain injury they look at me as though I'm a creature from an alien planet, I'm so sick of it, my hospital team were very benzo  wise but that was just a miracle.its so exhausting battling this level of medical ignorance and invalidation,  plus battling the husband when he believes the Dr. FFS,  if i could take the effing pill i would! But I'm not taking anything that makes me feel like I'm back in acute and is actually reinjuring me.  And of course they say it's "just anxiety " Grrrr! They just don't get it. Sorry for the rant!

That's all right, southern star, it's okay to rant away!!! We've been mishandled by the medical community, misguided, prescribed the wrong pills, and of course family doesn't believe us either. They'd rather believe a CLUELESS DOCTOR!! I'm very angry, too.

Yes, doctors always use the word anxiety. They can't understand, so it's our fault. I have a terrible doctor. I wish I could change, and I want to change, but I'm afraid I'd get mixed up with another clueless doctor. He always throws it back to me - that it's my fault. Unfortunately, I have to go quite frequently to the doctor because I have multiple issues now. It's never his fault!! GRRRR!!!