Author Topic: Four years free  (Read 919 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Four years free
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:37 pm »
What a warm and encouraging success story! Thank you! You have a lovely way of making a reader feel comfortable [...]...what a gift.

Best to you in your wellness :smitten:

With gratitude,
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 04:09:51 pm »
Thank you so much... very encouraging!  :smitten: :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 10:52:00 pm »
You all are very kind to this old broad.   

I watched the Lisa Ling special and it broke my heart.   I remembered the nightmare of this experience and the thought that so many people were still trapped in the madness made me think that maybe I could offer a bit of hope to my fellow travelers.

It was difficult to watch that special, but I am so grateful that someone in the media is finally talking about it because there are still doctors out there handing out these meds like candy for long-term use.

I'll be around for a while and if you need someone to talk to,  I'm here for that very thing, angels.  I believe that hope can spread even faster than fear.   We are stronger together.   We are stronger than benzos.   

Now, it's time for my tea.

Much love,
Grandma [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 11:55:13 am »

I watched the Lisa Ling special and it broke my heart.   I remembered the nightmare of this experience and the thought that so many people were still trapped in the madness made me think that maybe I could offer a bit of hope to my fellow travelers.

It was difficult to watch that special, but I am so grateful that someone in the media is finally talking about it because there are still doctors out there handing out these meds like candy for long-term use.

I'll be around for a while and if you need someone to talk to,  I'm here for that very thing, angels.  I believe that hope can spread even faster than fear.   We are stronger together.   We are stronger than benzos.   

Much love,
Grandma [...]

:thumbsup: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 05:04:59 pm »
I have read many success stories, and am so grateful to the members who come back to give others hope, but this one is unique in a way that really spoke to me. I am starting the fourth month off and have been almost completely removed from my true self for most of the past 17 months. The depression is like nothing I could have ever imagined. When I read so many success stories that speak of years and years of suffering, I lose hope. I would like to believe that the most extreme and unrelenting sxs typically lessen after the first year, especially after a long taper. But, those who are most motivated to come back are the very unfortunate and courageous ones who have had to endure four, six, or more years of severe symptoms. If there are more stories like this somewhere out there, I wish so much that we could hear them. None of us know how long we are sentenced to serve in this prison. That is the hardest thing to face during those first months. Thank you, again, for remembering that we are here. My name is [...], and that is exactly what I need today.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 03:33:11 pm »

Much love,
Grandma [...]

Sent you a PM.

PG