Med. History

[He...]

clonazapam on 4 months

.25 - .5 mg. daily and

.5 mg. before bed

Started for anxiety, insomnia

after death in family this year

Paxil  restarting

Hello Healthyme123, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Thanks for including your medication history, it looks like you were put on them for a death in your family, I'm so sorry.  It's difficult to know if your original anxiety will return but since benzo's are only supposed to be taken for 2 to 4 weeks, it's been reported by many members that after that time their anxiety seems to worsen.  If you're interested in getting off the clonazepam, we can help you by offering tapering schedules and support from fellow members of the forum.

Here is a link to General Taper Plans, take a look and see if there might be something that works for you.  And please, make yourself at home.

Again, welcome.

Pamster

If you care to let's all pray for each other.

My conditions and benzo. use is so affected

by my fear (can prompt use), the loss and isolation

I feel (mental illness in family and loss).

If you care to PRAYING for all of you.

Accepting PRAYERS also. It takes stamina,

courage, confidence, determination to get off these. God Bless.

Hello Healthyme123,

I can feel your fear, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I have mental illness in my family too, and I was so afraid that it had affected me while I was in withdrawal.  But as it turns out, it was the drug, try not to worry about this, give your body time to heal.

It sounds like you would benefit from the Faith Based Support Board, I'm sure you'll find lots of support there.  Here is the link to subscribe.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97364.0

Pamster

Hi,

I did try to cut back my use but could not sustain.

It bothers me that I *need it to sleep.

Is there rebound anxiety with the clonazapam ?

Can it add to depression ?

I am so sorry for your loss. You asked about depression and I want to address that concern. Clonazepam and all Benzos can cause or worsen depression. This was the case for me. It took me years to find out why I was becoming more and more depresssed over time. Antidepressants and therapy did nothing. It was all the Benzo. You are grieving and nothing but time can lessen that pain. Whether this is the right time for you to start a taper, is something only you can decide. I hope you can get the right kind of medical support when, or if, you make that choice. And please stay with us. The people on this forum are the ones who know best how to do this safely. Love, Espy

Afraid if I taper I don't have the supports

in place. But I want off. I want to succeed.

Fear that I restarted paxil. But I have so much

fear.

In my opinion, taking psychoactive drugs to cope with a normal life experience like grieving is extremely dangerous. We lost our 9 year old daughter last summer. From experience I can say that even the worst grief is a cakewalk in comparison to the damage and torture that these drugs cause. If you do not have a history of mental illness I personally would start getting off these drugs as soon as possible. If I knew a year ago what I know now I would have dealt with the insomnia and never ever ever have taken the first Xanax.

May I add that it is usually not a good idea to taper two meds at once. The least activating one, I thInk, is what is most often suggested. Paxil is one that needs a very slow taper, as does k. This is something to discuss seriously with your provider. Survivingantidepressants is an on line forum for ad meds. Espy

• 3 months later...

Pamster  Are you around?

How do you suggest I do a taper

of clonazapam?

What do you suggest ?

I am sick of cloz

It is making me more ill.

I was Rx initially for sleep

and I did have anxiety.

But the med is dulling my whole

life. I desperately looked into

detox and they say no

Too low dose etc

How can such a tiny pill

ruin my life. I’ll answer any

questions you have. Ty

Pamster  Are you around?

How do you suggest I do a taper

of clonazapam?

What do you suggest ?

I am sick of cloz

It is making me more ill.

I was Rx initially for sleep

and I did have anxiety.

But the med is dulling my whole

life. I desperately looked into

detox and they say no

Too low dose etc

How can such a tiny pill

ruin my life. I’ll answer any

questions you have. Ty

Hi Healthyme123,

If you click on this link, you'll see three options for a taper, read the descriptions of each method, then decide how you'd like to do this.  Then start a thread on the board you select and post your benzo, the dose and how often you take it and we'll help you work up a plan for you taper.  You can do this, we'll help.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Pamster