7 months after my c/t but still not healed... (short-term use) is this normal?

[Ee...]

Hello everyone,

I'm now 7 months out after six weeks use (C/T). Still dealing with a few symptoms... Palpitations, restlessness in the morning, mild depression, hot flashes, sleeping problems, dizziness, mild anxiety...

It gradually got better, but last month I got symptoms back, that I haven't had for months. Last night was terrible...3 hours sleep and a lot off sweating, shakiness, palpitations, cramp in my calves...

Is this normal?? Does everyone heal?? Is it something else??

I'm so scared that I can never be the mother I want to be....

It's a good sign you were improving, hard to think 7 months is not long enough for this process even after such a short term use. But unfortunately the times it takes for brain healing from damage by these evil drugs is often time in terms of year not month.

Another feature is non linear guess the complicated and sensitized nerve system is in constant readjusting and can be very fragile to any tiny thing that we would never think possible such as external triggers like food, stress, activities etc. that can cause the setbacks.

It will pass for you giving your improvement sooner than later. It can take a long time for the shocked system to be stable.

Just curious, have you ever taken any other brain meds prior this?

It's a good sign you were improving, hard to think 7 months is not long enough for this process even after such a short term use. But unfortunately the times it takes for brain healing from damage by these evil drugs is often time in terms of year not month.

Another feature is non linear guess the complicated and sensitized nerve system is in constant readjusting and can be very fragile to any tiny thing that we would never think possible such as external triggers like food, stress, activities etc. that can cause the setbacks.

It will pass for you giving your improvement sooner than later. It can take a long time for the shocked system to be stable.

Just curious, have you ever taken any other brain meds prior this?

Thank you for your post :) I have taken temazepam about 10 years ago. But that was very occasional after a night shift...

[40...]
I took Valium for only 6 weeks and am still experiencing the sxs you describe after 21 months. I had a horror CT and too rapid taper due to my Dr being clueless, unfortunately a CT can sometimes result in a long wd. This process is truly awful and it doesn't seem to matter whether it was low dose /short duration or not, it's a non linear process like no other. You will heal, even though it's very dispiriting with the length of time it can take. Acceptance of the process has helped me the most. Best wishes.

This is very disheartening southern star!

6 weeks use 21 months off, still suffering and strocks??!!

My god, are you feeling any better now than earlier?

Pure crime!

[40...]

Thanks 4mom,  I've actually improved somewhat vision wise (i lost my sight with most recent stroke),  I've been very lucky in that my neuro team were very benzo wise, but past few weeks I've been in a terrible wave which I've just found out was due to recently prescribed aspirin, i had no idea it acts on gaba receptors so ive stopped that now.

Thanks for your kind words, pure crime is right - for all of us enduring this horror trip. Hope you're doing ok, most folks don't go down my path with wd, i was just unlucky.......of course it may have had something to do with the clueless Dr.

I took Valium for only 6 weeks and am still experiencing the sxs you describe after 21 months. I had a horror CT and too rapid taper due to my Dr being clueless, unfortunately a CT can sometimes result in a long wd. This process is truly awful and it doesn't seem to matter whether it was low dose /short duration or not, it's a non linear process like no other. You will heal, even though it's very dispiriting with the length of time it can take. Acceptance of the process has helped me the most. Best wishes.

So sorry that you still feel so horrific...how did you feel when you where 7 months out??

Do you thing people heal from a CT?? Sometimes i'm so scared that I won't heal...

[40...]

Eevee you will heal, it may take a while but you will heal, i do think my CT and too rapid taper affected my healing but i have had a few setbacks along the way. At 7 months off i felt really terrible, i had severe waves and few windows, but i did feel better by month 9 but i took an antibiotic and it sent me back to hell again. I started to feel better from that by month 16 but then i had another  setback due to severe stress. This week after having horrible sxs for weeks i found out  that the aspirin i was prescribed acts on the gaba receptors hence the awful sxs, I've stopped it now and feel almost normal today.

I can't say this strongly enough, you WILL heal, our benzo voice tells us differently and a few months ago i also believed that i wouldn't heal. I may not get back to pre benzo me but if most of the horror sxs have gone i can live with that. I have given myself another 2 years for healing to continue, your sxs won't be non stop awful, they will slowly wax and wane and then one day you will realise that they are fading. This is a journey of epic proportions through unbelievable  hell but you will come out the other side, don't believe the benzo voice of fear, it is false, you will heal.

Southern star

Thanks for your kind words. It makes me so insecure. And thanks for sharing your story.

I was doing better, but month six was intense.

I hope you feel better soon. X