Help I feel like i’m going mad

[Ho...]

almost 5 months off Lorazepam c/t, now literally starting to feel like I am going mad has anyone else had this feeling because it’s scary 🙏

Me too. I don’t know what is real anymore. I keep thinking I have died and am in hell or am in a parallel universe I can’t escape from.

These may be symptoms of derealization and depersonalization amongst many others. Gradually the will disappear. They are not permanent, even though they may feel as if they are, I'm sure it's a battle imagining normalcy/recovering from it but recovery Will happen.  Hang in there and stay strong.

If, by definition, you're talking about feeling as though you are losing sanity, yes. What the intrusive thoughts 'tell' me seems to be 1, that my sanity cannot be trusted - that there is 'reason' to doubt it. 2, I feel driven towards insanity by the daunting or insurmountable task of keeping it together against forces I cannot overcome. But it's really the anxiety the Benzo ordeal brings about. Sometimes it feels as though I have been traumatized by the more deeply troubling images or ideas that come about with this ordeal. This is not uncommon - I seen that talked about several times. But none is what it appears to be. It is only what anxiety looks like. The wreckage the brain incurs is real but the substance of the anxiety is not. It is quite common to be having intense feelings of anxiety, panic - has been that in my case - for sure! Even now, I become convinced of what my intrusive thoughts tell, at least once a day. But I've also got a great deal of depression so certain ideations are very much a part of it. Everyone is different.

There were always two people inside me—regular me and withdrawal me. 

Who won the battle of being out in front was always a toss up.

Sofa

Yup. 6 months out. Combination of derealization, agora and monophobia, and intrusive thoughts defineteky make me feel crazy. I mean I can't be alone because of paranoia, I can't interact normally with people, I can't see the world through a normal lens. I think that's pretty crazy.

These may be symptoms of derealization and depersonalization amongst many others. Gradually the will disappear. They are not permanent, even though they may feel as if they are, I'm sure it's a battle imagining normalcy/recovering from it but recovery Will happen.  Hang in there and stay strong.

yes, Dave is spot on here. It's DP/DR and it will pass along with everything else.

Not sure how people are sharing ideas or stating others are "spot on", when there were no symptoms stated.... other than Hope feels they are "going mad"

Hope, what else are you feeling? What is happening that makes you feel you are "going mad"?

Are you hallucinating? Dizzy? Hearing voices? Are you thinking of situations in your head that you would be afraid of if happened? How is your interaction with others?

I feel like i’m Losing control of being rational. Like I want to run up the street screaming, like I can’t keep it together because the pain in my head is so bad. Like I’m on the edge of a nervous breakdown. ☹️

I'm like this at 18.5 months out. At work, I feel like I need to leave the building and run out shouting in anger because I feel so terrible. I'm also dealing with horrifying intrusive thoughts all day, every day. The anger is really strong for me and is completely irrational. The thoughts are scary and make me feel like I need to be isolated until they go away.

Me too. I don’t know what is real anymore. I keep thinking I have died and am in hell or am in a parallel universe I can’t escape from.

I went through that too, and it does get better!  I promise!!

I went through that too, and it does get better!  I promise!!

You promise? How so, exactly?