What is the acceptable level of withdrawal during cuts?

[Ha...]

I've done a CT before and I know that's hell but rode it out.

This time tapering with valium and at a low dose, but what is the acceptable amount of withdrawal during cuts? I have no idea how much I should be expecting to tolerate to know if I'm doing it right. I know it's person to person, but it's really hard to factor in what the actual half life of Valium is for me (healthy other than the benzos 35 year old 6'2.5 200lbs), I'm around 1.5mg to 2mg of Valium now a day but not sure what I should be willing to tolerate. Any suggestions would be great!

I’m wondering the same myself. Trying to taper 1.25mg. How long have u been on the Valium? I have taken before intermittently, but steady for about a month to help with id wd from serax. I was hoping to hop off in two weeks since I was able to take off .5mg per day of serax with no major issues (brain fog and insomnia, but much better than when I was on higher doses and other terrible psych meds). Good luck! From what I understand many people do a liquid microtaper once they get down to a small dose of Valium. I just want to be free...

I’m wondering the same myself. Trying to taper 1.25mg. How long have u been on the Valium? I have taken before intermittently, but steady for about a month to help with id wd from serax. I was hoping to hop off in two weeks since I was able to take off .5mg per day of serax with no major issues (brain fog and insomnia, but much better than when I was on higher doses and other terrible psych meds). Good luck! From what I understand many people do a liquid microtaper once they get down to a small dose of Valium. I just want to be free...

Haven't been on Valium for long or even that much, I used some Ativan this year and given my past history with that and withdrawal symptoms I decided to go over to Valium. Trouble is I don't even know what dose to start at since I used so little Ativan and so sporadically. I had taken a couple 5mg doses, some 2.5 doses and I know it's low but some 0.5s, I'm trying to see what I can get away with, if I have to up dose a bit to find where I'm at then I will. This is super confusing given how long the half life can be, hard to tell where I should be dosing at.

Are you still using any other meds?

The accepted level is whatever each person finds acceptable. Some want off badly and are willing to be housebound to get off. Some want to be symptom free. In my case I could handle some symptoms to some degree but my rule of thumb was I had to be functional. This was something my pdoc insisted as well. Insomnia has always been my most common symptom. For about 8 or 9 months I got very little sleep at the beginning. Perhaps a couple of hours a night with a full night’s rest every three weeks or so. I started becoming psychotic so my doctor gave me adjunct medications. He normally doesn’t like to give out meds but in my case he felt they were warranted.