help me with severe constipation please

[Ch...]

I have to take Laxido every day as well as Psyillium husk or can’t go at all.

Now my body is having adverse effects to sugar alcohols which is how those laxitive work but still have to take it.

Natural Calm magnesium citrate helped me. You can get it at any health food store or from Amazon. I take it every day now -- a dose of 1 tsp in water at bedtime. I am always, ahem, "regular". Constipation was such a nasty problem!!

Hope this helps.

:smitten:

Katz

Drink a lot of fluids. Carrot juice is supposed to help a lot.  Ginger Root helps... I read that pumpkin seeds help, and they do.....

If you can, move around... Maybe dance in the house? I notice every time I go shopping, I have to go the minute I go home.

When I started eating spinach salads for lunch (instead of say, a burrito) the constipation was a bit horrific. I started eating apples. Three apples a week. It works great.

TRIPHALA! It's natural, it's healthy, it WORKS!  I have a lifelong history of constipation, and psychoactive drugs made it worse.  Triphala completely solved the problem.  I am now off of all medications and have been sporadic with the triphala, yet I am experiencing no constipation. 

I agree a lot of those can help. I had a severe case for about 4 years. It seemed like an eternity. I drank so much water that I carried a bottle with me. It got better

But still....I thought I’d have it forever. Then I got rid of my AD and it went away. I know you’re not taking one so it seems the other supplements will work. Miralax gave me the runs,..

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you're dealing with this. 

You probably know whole grains are best for fiber.

Drink lots of water. 

The old standby prunes and prune juice are really helpful. 

I hope you find relief soon.

TRIPHALA! It's natural, it's healthy, it WORKS!  I have a lifelong history of constipation, and psychoactive drugs made it worse.  Triphala completely solved the problem.  I am now off of all medications and have been sporadic with the triphala, yet I am experiencing no constipation.

Will give that a go but wonder of it works by sugar alcohols as well. Prunes are laxitive because they can brain sorbitol.

Can’t take magnesium - causes horrific vibrating and sweating g and other symptoms.

Take Calcium Citrate called "CALM."  Take 800 mg of it at night before bed.  Take it regularly and YOU'LL GO, believe me You'll GO!  Plus, you'll sleep great!

I went on the Keto Diet and it's working great for me and my husband.  Although he is not on any meds at all.  I was doing Intermittent Fasting and could not sleep, so after more research I discovered that the fasting causes STRESS to the body and lack of Sleep.  So I ended any and all Fasting.  The reason for Fasting is to bring about healing to the brain.  I'll have to do that once I'm off and past the Protracted stage I'm thinking.  But for now, just doing the Keto, eating whole foods, no caffeine, no chocolate (it's a stimulant) no sugar at all.  No foods that turn into sugar such as Pastas, Flour, Corn, Potatoes, breads, ......and the like.  I don't touch that stuff.  I eat One egg and GF Beef (size of a quarter) and Free Range Chicken (ground) in some coconut oil and GF Butter (Grass-Fed).  Salad at supper time with 1/2 Avacado, Kalamata olives (in olive oil), a few radishes, With Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Olive Oil and Avacado Oil, Braggs Vinegar and Pink Salt.    I use seasoning like Basil, Oregano, sage as well.    Other days I'll have salmon and/or eggs.  We also make our own homemade Mayo with Avacado Oil.

Some days I'll have frozen Organic Blueberries.  Also broccoli or spinach or sweet Potato

once in a while or cabbage or asparagus or cauliflower.  But that's it for the veggies. 

I never eat fat bombs.  That's just dumb.  And this diet is helping me.  It's amazing how well it's working.  Mornings are very difficult and as I taper down I notice it's harder in the mornings but getting better after 11:00 am .....almost as if I'm in a window EVERY DAY!  It's so weird ...the mornings are so awful, I think it's going to last all day, then it lifts around 11:a.m.  Thankful for that.  Oh yes, I also drink DECAF Green Tea with Holy Basil Tea too. 

AND the Supplement NAC has been A GOD SEND!  I take it twice a day at 600 mg a capsule. It helps with sleep too.

I am not losing weight on this diet because I already lost a ton of weight when I went COLD TURKEY.  So I eat nuts now and then to keep from losing any more weight. 

Oh yes, I also make sure I eat enough of greens to get enough potassium around 4 pm. so I can sleep better and I take Magnesium before bed with low amount of zinc and K2.  Seems to be helping me and I take Melatonin too.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes not so much. 

Hope this helps someone in here. 

Best Wishes.

Kimmie

Take Calcium Citrate called "CALM."  Take 800 mg of it at night before bed. Take it regularly and YOU'LL GO, believe me You'll GO!  Plus, you'll sleep great!

Hi Hope,

Just a gentle reminder to preface advice with ‘in my opinion’ or your might try’ .

Thanks,

Challis  :)

I agree about the Psyllium fiber. It solved my problem too. I do not like the orange flavored powder junk. Here is what I buy from Amazon. I take 5 of these capsules daily spaced apart at approx. 4 hour time intervals with 8 oz of water with each pill. This literally has cured my constipation / hemorrhoid problems. I also had to get any refined white flour products out of my diet. These foods are huge constipators for me. Here is what I buy from Amazon....totally solved my problem! HTH--

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OW2KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried the Triphala - works for Constipation but made me feel horrific - head whooshing, flashing lights in vision, disorientation, heat in spine, sweating etc.

Most things do this now.

I note it effects Cytrochrme P450 gene which is contracindicated with some drugs including benzos as it alters the metabolism of them.

It is also a strong antioxidant and likely chelates metals which I’m not sure is a good idea when in a complete mess and have a mouth full of mercury.